Cain Velasquez on how to beat JDS:

Well, it sounds like he's got it all figured out. Thanks for spoiling the results, Cain. Now what am I gonna watch?

JDS has proven himself. For the ppl thinking Cain will automatically win IF (and that's a BIG "IF") he can take JDS down. And even IF he gets him down I wouldn't bank on Cain having his way with JDS on the ground either! I see Cain as a bigger underdog than most think.

JDS has proven himself. For the ppl thinking Cain will automatically win IF (and that's a BIG "IF") he can take JDS down. And even IF he gets him down I wouldn't bank on Cain having his way with JDS on the ground either! I see Cain as a bigger underdog than most think.

My feeling is that JDS might proove to be alot like Shogun on the ground, not really a big sub danger but very difficult to hold down and land GnP on. We've not got much to go from but JDS did escape Gonzaga quickly and his only loss was that armbar while going for an aggresive sweep.

I actually think that Cain's best shot at winning might be to land something standing early, granted I think JDS has the advanatge in defnece and chin but he's not unhittable and Cain clearly does have power. It might not need to be an actual finish, just enough to take the wind out of Juniors sails. I think he'll be prepaired to have to defend off of his back but will he be prepaired for the standup not going his way?

I like the strategy. If Cain stands back he definitely gets picked apart and eventually ko'd.

If he goes after him he runs the risk of running into JDS hands, but if he avoids that he will gradually wear JDS and his power down.

Only real shot he has. I like Cain by 4th rd TKO.

Question, has JDS ever really been in any real trouble in any of his fights?
I can't say he has but I haven't seen all his fights.

I don't know dude, I don't think he should stand toe to toe with JDS. Granted, it was just one punch that caught him, I wouldn't want to give him that opportunity again. I think taking him down is what he wants to do. However, I heard JDS has a mean ground game but this has yet to be proven.

A guy that never uses his ground game in a fight is unlikely to have anything to offer Cain on the ground--especially considering how inept blackhouse fighters seem to be at getting off their back.

Cain is a wrassler so he takes other fighters down because that is his main skill set. He is not a striker and never will be. He is not looking to stand for a great amount of time if hardly any.

Overeem by KO.

calling it now. KO by another giant uppercut for JDS.

Cain Velasquez is dreaming if he thinks he could beat Cigano standing.

It looked like JDS couldn't deal with leg kicks at all in their last fight, so that's definitely something you can exploit. But at the same time, Cain is not great at setting up leg kicks, so he'd make himself more open to counters.

Yeah....Cain shouldnt try the leg kicks as he does not know how to set them up. He should leave that to the K1 striking guys. Cain is a wrassler and will need to use that as its his best shot a winning if he can threaten JDS with it via TD and GNP.

Cain Velasquez's THEORY on how to beat JDS!

Fixed.

Cain can come up with all the plans he wants...he's still losing. He's as obsolete as Brock.

Lobby the NSAC to let you wear a football helmet into the octagon thats the only way you're winning this Cain.

"Attacking him, not staying on the outside, not waiting around, my normal style of fighting, and that’s going forward, attacking him, being in his face…if the takedown’s there, for sure, go for it, but he has good takedown defense, so if we plan to do that we have to set the takedowns up really well, because he’s good from there."

Hmmm. that was how he was nailed repeatedly in the Kongo fight though. Why would he reveal his real game plan anyway? He should stay out of range. May be in and out would be best for a shorter guy against a rangy guy.

10001340.gif

Back