Cain Velasquez on how to beat JDS:

keepfighting**

Orange Belt
Reaction score
"Attacking him, not staying on the outside, not waiting around, my normal style of fighting, and that’s going forward, attacking him, being in his face…if the takedown’s there, for sure, go for it, but he has good takedown defense, so if we plan to do that we have to set the takedowns up really well, because he’s good from there."

http://youtu.be/5V-ZzUtlHug

And yet most Sherdoggers think he's going to go in there and spam takedowns.

1.gif

I don't know dude, I don't think he should stand toe to toe with JDS. Granted, it was just one punch that caught him, I wouldn't want to give him that opportunity again. I think taking him down is what he wants to do. However, I heard JDS has a mean ground game but this has yet to be proven.

I don't know dude, I don't think he should stand toe to toe with JDS. Granted, it was just one punch that caught him, I wouldn't want to give him that opportunity again. I think taking him down is what he wants to do. However, I heard JDS has a mean ground game but this has yet to be proven.

right but that punch landed bc cain was backing up at the time and jds threw a baseball pitch style overhand - i think cain has a good strategy to get in his face - and go for takedown or strikes, hes got both - but to wait around and try to patiently outstrike jds is the bad strategy - i liked last time how he moved forward with combos but maybe he can use that to clinch or keep the pressure alive

This fight will be good. Unlike most people I think this fight is still pretty much a toss up. I don

He needs to take him down. If he can he will win. If he can't, he will lose. That's how I see this one going down.

" but he has good takedown defense"]

here's the problem with this...

JDS doesn't have GOOD takedown defense. His takedown defense is AMAZING! People dispel his "legendary" bjj skills because no one can take him down. I say legendary because that's all it is at this point is legend. No one has really seen it and therefore it's not able to speculate on how good it is.

Junior wins again, maybe not as quickly, but wins nonetheless

JDS's boxing is unmatched here. He is either gonna have to land a hailmary or take him down. I just don't see Cain being better than JDS

Cain is going to win this fight. That's a guarantee.

Cain's pretty much right on this one. He has to establish himself as threat, to one degree or another, in the stand-up in order to set up his td's. If he doesnt, JDS will just be waiting with a sprawl followed by an uppercut and some hooks, and it will be a short night once again for Cain. I think Cain's best shot at winning is to pressure JDS with a ridiculously fast pace of high-volume punching(think Diaz only with striking defense), and use that as means to set up the shot. In any case, the way to beat a fighter with good tdd like JDS isnt to just go in there and telegraph shots; hes gonna have to mix it up and push the pace to win this one. That said, I'm pickin JDS via (t)ko rd 2 or 3.

right but that punch landed bc cain was backing up at the time and jds threw a baseball pitch style overhand - i think cain has a good strategy to get in his face - and go for takedown or strikes, hes got both - but to wait around and try to patiently outstrike jds is the bad strategy - i liked last time how he moved forward with combos but maybe he can use that to clinch or keep the pressure alive

I honestly think it'll be whoever connects first with a solid punch.

JDS by way of not having gay Brown Pride tattoo across chest

It looked like JDS couldn't deal with leg kicks at all in their last fight, so that's definitely something you can exploit. But at the same time, Cain is not great at setting up leg kicks, so he'd make himself more open to counters.

Not getting beat by JDS....well stay away from his hands...if you go the ground, stay away from the submissions... Cain is going to have to find a way to get inside JDS's reach. Not sure if he can get the better end of a clinch with JDS. Trading with JDS will likely end bad for Cain so honestly I'm not sure how Cain can win this.

Back