Cain Velasquez: Fellow UFC champ Jon Jones

If Jones gets by Gus and Cormier, there really is no one for him to fight at LHW. Maybe at that point he'll move up.

There's also rumble, and he JUST came up. Some might not consider him a real threat but from what i saw in the last fight he definitely is.

You really can't ask for more competition than that, 3 contenders. It's not like other weight classes have 10 contenders lined up. Weidman supposed to have a lot of contenders, but you have Machida, Vitor, Jacare and? Maybe rockhold.

By the time the champ fights 3 contenders 3 more would have popped up. I don't think Jones will move up to HW any time soon. (especially because hes gona lose in his next 2 fights)

Sounds like someone is butthurt and Cain could not finish any LHW or MW fighter in 1-2 rounds.

Cain is a good fighter but he isn't finishing any LHW in 1 -2 rounds let alone the elites in the division in 2 rounds. Gus and Jones could and can beat Cain along with Rashad and Texiera giving him trouble if Cain was a LHW.

I dont think Cain would be champion at LHW but he is an elite fighter.

Cains chin is wobbly and he has a weaker chin than most of the LHW fighters in the division and that alone is a problem at LHW. Cain can wrestle but his chin would be tested at LHW and tested properly against fast and athletic fighters.

The LHW division is not filled with slow moving fighters with bad cardio like HW. A few are better on the ground than Cain in terms of BJJ. What you stated is false.

You should be ashamed to be a Fedor fan. You're extremely ignorant and say some of the most retarded, redundant shit.

Cain would run through Jones and Gus. He'd out wrestle and basically bully both of them. He's fast, has better cardio, better wrestling, better striking, better clinch work, tougher. He's been knocked out once by JDS. JDS hits harder than any LHW.

I bet you'd say weidman could beat Cain. Blind hatred of superior fighters isn't cool, but it is humorous a bit.

Cain is the best fighter in the ufc atm. Deal with it

I think DC is. Look how he handled Hendo, and he came into that fight with a knee injury which he sustained 10 days before hand.

That's a huge, huge difference in size. He also worked Barnett quite impressively. No doubt Cormier is very impressive, and maybe the greatest contender for Jones now. But Jones is just that good... he is young, explosive, has huge reach, fantastic conditioning, is smart, trains with the best camp in the world, is very adaptable, and is a superior striker.

You should be ashamed to be a Fedor fan. You're extremely ignorant and say some of the most retarded, redundant shit.

Cain would run through Jones and Gus. He'd out wrestle and basically bully both of them. He's fast, has better cardio, better wrestling, better striking, better clinch work, tougher. He's been knocked out once by JDS. JDS hits harder than any LHW.

I bet you'd say weidman could beat Cain. Blind hatred of superior fighters isn't cool, but it is humorous a bit.

I think you would be surprised at how competitive some of these fights would be. I personally think Jones would take Cain.

They shouldn't ask Cain about fighting Jones right now, those questions are best served when there are no great fights looming.

all of his 3 contenders have different strengths. DC with his top-notch wrestling and improved boxing-heavy kickboxing, Rumbe's power style, and Gus' footwork-based striking with great TDD to boot.

there are better fights for Jones than Cain, and without giving up weight. If he beats those impressively and there's no new contender, then it's time to entertain that idea again. IMO, Cain beats Jones up. He's too good on top, better than DC, and he's heavier & hits harder.

1) Must beat Gustafsson
2) Must beat Cormier
3) Must beat Cormier again
4) Must beat Rumble
Then the whole divison has been cleaned by Jones.

This reads like a kid talking about a comic book and hard to take seriously.

Cain is not faster than either Jones or Gus and he is nowhere near as fast as Gus in terms of foot speed or hand speed. Both have size, reach and can cover more distance than Cain who has decent speed, but is not faster than either. He is also not a better striker than Gus who is a superior boxer. I would say Jones is a better kickboxer and Cain a better boxer. Cain being tougher than either or any fighter is conjecture.

Cain has been wobbled and hurt by more than just JDS. Cains chin has always been his greatest weakness in terms of his game and it would still be the same at LHW if he was a LHW.

If Cain was the best fighter in the UFC atm, then it would show in the p4p debates where he currently is not in the top 3. He is one of the best fighters in the UFC along with the other champions, and I would leave it at that.

Him rolling any of the large LHW elites like Jones or Gus is your own story.

Last edited:
This reads like a kid talking about a comic book and hard to take seriously.

Cain is not faster than either Jones or Gus and he is nowhere near as fast as Gus in terms of foot speed or hand speed. Both have size, reach and can cover more distance than Cain who has decent speed, but is not faster than either. He is also not a better striker than Gus who is a superior boxer. I would say Jones is a better kickboxer and Cain a better boxer. Cain being tougher than either or any fighter is conjecture.

Cain has been wobbled and hurt by more than just JDS. Cains chin has always been his greatest weakness in terms of his game and it would still be the same at LHW if he was a LHW.

If Cain was the best fighter in the UFC atm, then it would show in the p4p debates where he currently is not in the top 3. He is one of the best fighters in the UFC along with the other champions, and I would leave it at that.

Him rolling any of the large LHW elites like Jones or Gus is your own story.

I don't think Jones is faster than Cain, i havent seen any evidence of that i don't know how you have. Gus probably is though, and it showed in his fight against Jones.

The main advantage that cain will have is power and stamina. This is a 5 round fight. Cain might get wobbled sometimes but its gona be hard for Jones to wobble him on the feet, and Cain has amazing recovery. So over a 5 round fight, Jones is the one in more trouble. He'l have to really do something special to beat Cain and withstand his pressure.

I would never count a guy like Jones out, wev seen his elbows change the fight in an instance. But if Cain can avoid those he's really got a lot of advantages in that fight.

Why? Do you think Sonnen was a tough test for Jones? I personally felt there was no way Sonnen could possibly win that fight. Sonnen at 185 is tough, and can be a bad match up for some fighters at 205 (like Shogun), but not against Jon Jones.

But I'm 100% sure if I had put him there you'd be complaining that I did list him as tough competition

No dum.bass he left out sonnen bc chael i s the m.otherfreaking man!!!

There's always gonna be a new contender. Clearing out a division doesn't actually seem possible. That's why I think you should just do the superfights as soon as you can. They almost always get ruined because you wait for the perfect circumstances, and one or both of them loses before that happens.

How can Cain talk about someone else having more work to do when he has only fought two people in the last two and a half years?

If you remove your head from your rear end, you'll see that he's not insulting Jones. He's actually giving Jones an out. Jones has received a lot of pressure to move up to HW, and Cain is saying that we should leave him alone, because he does have legitimate challengers at LHW. Geez, that wasn't complicated.

Lol coming from a guy that was KNOCKED OUT in the first round of his FIRST title fight. Lame. Go eat some tacos.

By Junior Dos Santos. I've always been a fan of Jones's flashy fighting style as well, but you're messed up in the head if you don't think JDS is capable of knocking Jones's head clean off. Cain bullied JDS with his superior strength and chain wrestling. Jones could maybe do the same, but there's no guarantee. On the other hand, if JDS lands half the punches Gustaffson did, Jones would need smelling salts to wake up.

Back