Cain Velasquez: Fellow UFC champ Jon Jones

You know what, Cormier VS Jones is a much bigger fight for me than Jones VS Velasquez. Nothing against the HW champ, just that IMO Cormier VS Jones just seems like the fight of the decade to me.

It would be alot more competitive, that's for sure.

Cain would ruin Jones.

I swear this site has more and more clueless noobs joining.

Cain doesn't choose his opponents, the best in his division work their way up and he simply fights whoever deserves a shot. I know we have many keyboard legend pro fighters here but until you know what it's like to fight and deal with injuries...I suggest you STFU!

Jones is awesome at 205 and would do great with guys like Cro-Cop, even at his best. However, Cain is a relentless cardio beast that can punch, etc.

Jones would get smoked. Otherwise I see Jones having his way with Cormier.

Not a chance. Jones doesn't enjoy facing tough competition. He'll keep enjoying his success at LHW.

I too got that vibe from him after his meeting with gus. Dude changed his tune about going up to hvyweight after that fight it seemed like lol.

Jones is outstanding. He dominates like a Federer, GSP, Mayweather or Michael Jordan. DC isn't in Jones league It would be 1 in a million honestly

HA! one in a million??? if you ask me DC is the favorite in this matchup, and for good reason. i think he steamrolls jones, and i just hope i get to see him do one of his patented ragdoll tosses before jones wilts.

DC uses Jones' leg to pick up, swings it up in the air like Golden Axe, and use it like a viking hammer to smash Jones' body into the mat and going for the gold. Jones' leg is fucked for good.

Jones is awesome at 205 and would do great with guys like Cro-Cop, even at his best. However, Cain is a relentless cardio beast that can punch, etc.

You're an idiot. Crocop in his day is THE guy to make Jones turtle or have no choice and sleep before he hits the ground.

**edit**

Go watch CC leg kicks. THen looks at Jones' legs. Jones does well against smaller opponents, and although CC is a small HW, he would have made Jones ineffective very quick.

Cain is awesome. But hes fought like 2 guys in the last 4 years or something.

Not his fault, but he and the HW division need to get in gear

Love how you left out Sonnen

Why? Do you think Sonnen was a tough test for Jones? I personally felt there was no way Sonnen could possibly win that fight. Sonnen at 185 is tough, and can be a bad match up for some fighters at 205 (like Shogun), but not against Jon Jones.

But I'm 100% sure if I had put him there you'd be complaining that I did list him as tough competition

Cain is awesome. But hes fought like 2 guys in the last 4 years or something.

Not his fault, but he and the HW division need to get in gear

The difference is he would finish any LHW that isn't DC within 1 - 2 rounds. Jones can only finish MW

The difference is he would finish any LHW that isn't DC within 1 - 2 rounds. Jones can only finish MW

Sounds like someone is butthurt and Cain could not finish any LHW or MW fighter in 1-2 rounds.

Cain is a good fighter but he isn't finishing any LHW in 1 -2 rounds let alone the elites in the division in 2 rounds. Gus and Jones could and can beat Cain along with Rashad and Texiera giving him trouble if Cain was a LHW.

I dont think Cain would be champion at LHW but he is an elite fighter.

Cains chin is wobbly and he has a weaker chin than most of the LHW fighters in the division and that alone is a problem at LHW. Cain can wrestle but his chin would be tested at LHW and tested properly against fast and athletic fighters.

The LHW division is not filled with slow moving fighters with bad cardio like HW. A few are better on the ground than Cain in terms of BJJ. What you stated is false.

Last edited:
Lol coming from a guy that was KNOCKED OUT in the first round of his FIRST title fight. Lame. Go eat some tacos.

Hah! Crocop looked like crap in the UFC HW division, but his leg kicks and style would be a nightmare for Jones.

Leg kicks on those skinny things. No. Just no.

CroCop would dismantle him easily by taking his legs out first. Every round starts standing as well. Jones would get mirked.

*edit* 2nd response, and still disagree with your logic.

Back