Cain Velasquez: 2012 Fighter of the Year

Bendo should get it. More wins, better division.

3 title fights, 2 of them defenses.

for beating Bigfoot?

nick-cage-lol.gif

yea considering benson pretty much lost the second edgar fight

i agree, if he fought three times, i think he would have gotten the nod for sure

No.

I think Bendo had the better year, took the title, solidified it with the win and absolutely dominated Diaz. Cain had a good year, no denying it, stopping Bigfoot in a lopsided beatdown and then embarassed JDS in what was in my opinion a good fight but appeared rather lacklustre.

Only dominant win was against Diaz, both Edgar fights were controversial.

Cain or Bendo. But who really gives a shit?

The fans of both fighters..?? :rolleyes:

100% do not agree. Cain is a Brilliant fighter but this year goes to Ben toothpick Henderson for sure!!

Nope. Only great win was against Diaz.

for DESTROYING Bigfoot?

Fixed. Yep.

I can't say that's totally untrue, but I believe that's actually a validly debatable point.

Because it's true.

Not even close. This Saturday was a huge win but only two fights and one was against a fringe top 10 guy. Benson by a landslide.

I agree, but I know I'll probably flamed because I'm a huge fan of Cain.

late contender for sure. I would certainly put him ahead of Benson in voting. He had 2 dominating performances and I thought Benson lost 2 of his 3 fights in 2012.

late contender for sure. I would certainly put him ahead of Benson in voting. He had 2 dominating performances and I thought Benson lost 2 of his 3 fights in 2012.

I seriously can't take anyone serious who thought the 1st win was controversial. The second one was controversial.

Cain no doubt. Like other members have said, the way he brutalised and destroyed JDS, you cannot say otherwise. No way to Ben Henderson being fighter of the year. He clearly lost the 2nd fight to edgar and should also have lost the first. Granted, the judgesgave him the win but in no way, shape or form did Bendo beat Edgar in the rematch.

Yes, Velasquez is right up there in this category. Dos Santos might make him cream in a third outing but I still would pick Velasquez.

If Cain fought one more time this year I would agree without a doubt he would be the fighter of the year. I just can't give the fighter of the year award to someone who doesn't fight three times in a year.

His 2 victories were extremely dominant this year. I completely agree.

I like Cain more than Ben, but you can't give it to Cain when Ben has 3 title fight wins in the year compared to 1 title fight win and one top 10 win by Cain.

Just trying to be fair here.

Back