Cain Velasquez: 2012 Fighter of the Year

Alex5124

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Should be at least.

Absolutely decimated Junior Dos Santos and Antonio Silva.

jdsface.gif

Antonio-Silva1.jpg

Ben Henderson had a great year but both Edgar wins are controversial.
Rousey didn't fight the same level of competition.
Hendricks had a great year also, but Cain won the belt.

Given the level of competition Cain beat, and the fashion in which he dominated them, he should be the Fighter of The Year.

He's got my vote. To do what he did to such high-level competition is amazing. Great year for Bendo too, though.

I think Bendo had the better year, took the title, solidified it with the win and absolutely dominated Diaz. Cain had a good year, no denying it, stopping Bigfoot in a lopsided beatdown and then embarassed JDS in what was in my opinion a good fight but appeared rather lacklustre.

I am on board with Cain being fighter of the year, great performance from Cain.

If he does very well in 2013 and keeps his belt and dominates opponents like he did to Silva and JDS, then for sure.

Agreed for sure. Here's hoping for another great year in 2013.

might not win this year since bendo, but next year if he keeps this up and doesn't get caught again i can see it!

100% do not agree. Cain is a Brilliant fighter but this year goes to Ben toothpick Henderson for sure!!

might not win this year since bendo, but next year if he keeps this up and doesn't get caught again i can see it!

So, FOTY means of 2012. I highly doubt that Cain will lose the title in the next 12 hours.

Hard toss up between him and Bendo.

You could make an argument for either one. Bendo won the belt, had 3 wins, 2 title defenses, and 0 finishes. Cain won the belt, had 2 wins, and 0 title defenses, 1 finish. Why not give it to both fighters like the did with Shogun and Gomi in 2006?

As tough as it is to admit, Demetrious Johnson all day.

Back