Cain Valesquez is literally making the UFC HW division constipated

TS should look up the word literally.

Expecting someone trying to take a crap and failling.

Disappointed.

TS should look up the word literally.

Expecting someone trying to take a crap and failling.

Disappointed.

UFC is taking a crap on the fans and succeeding with this match.

Werdum worked him in every aspect of the game. Elevation or not, Dana needs to accept that Cain was a boring champion and he did not defend the title enough times to get an instant rematch. JDS, Miocic or Arlovski would have made more sense. Hell, I would have been happier with Overeem than Cain.

Literally. Cain is a large piece of corn, and he ain't going nowhere.

I agree that it's strange match-making. Cain isn't on that Faber/Couture/McGregor boat of getting gifted title shots, because no one knows who he is and no one cares. He has no personality, failed as a crossover star with the Latino market, and will probably continue to train in the same caveman way that will leave him injured during the prime of his career.

You'd think Dana White would be refreshed after Werdum/Valesquez 1, as the opportunity in HW division grew with match ups like Arlovski/Werdum 2 (Great storyline there) JDS vs. Werdum 2 (Revenge match, etc..)

Wtf DW?

You keep using that word - I do not think it means what you think it means.

I think he's desperate to use Cain for the Mexican market or something. They can't possibly think this is the next Championship fight fans want to see...

Dana hates the HW and wants to make division look worse than it is. Seriously, we're into conspiracy theories territory with Werdum-Velasquez 2.

Dat Mexican $$$ doe. Remember Mexicans are like 40% of the United States now or some shit.

Not yet but In a decade or two yes there will be a high percentage of mexaicans

I hope this gets cancelled. Who in their right mind wants this guy back in the title picture? He is by far the worst champion in the modern mma history.

This is SUCH a bad fight. This fight could easily turn one of the potentially best HWs of all time in the UFC in to an also ran. He loses this fight .... Back to back losses to the same guy that is now champ. He's not gonna get another shot after that for a while. He'll also have to go back in to the pack and fight a few people that would not have been able to tie his laces in the past.

Bad. Just REALLY bad.

And if he wins?.... Werdum MUST get a rubber match fight immediately as well.. It's the ONLY fight the HW division DIDN'T need

No more title fights in high altitude. Just gives the loser an excuse and gives us a bullshit immediate rematch.

Lol, it don't matter. chain is gonna get wrecked again and on a side note the ufc better be fair and have this one in Brazil, but of course knowing these buckets it will be in mexico again. This way chain and his nut huggers have an excuse when he gets destroyed again. This time it will be because chain drank the water.

Cain isn't the only inactive 'blockage' giving the HW division constipation. JDS has only had one fight since losing to Cain the second time, and barely squeaked by Stipe. He's been as inactive as Cain and hasn't looked good since dispatching Hunt a few years ago. He should need at least another win to get a shot.

Who's next? Arlovski? He's in the same ballpark as Mir in that they're shopworn veterans who've been at the fortunate end of good matchups and lucky punches for a fleeting resurgence. There's no way I'm sold on the idea of him getting a shot without at least dispatching of Stipe/JDS/Reem or even Hunt first.

What else do we have? Stipe is not far removed from his loss to JDS and lost to Struve not long before that. Brown just dropped down the pecking order but is still ahead of Rothwell, and Overeem has managed to climb back from the brink of getting cut to claim some sort of relevancy again.

There are literally no contenders in the division. HW is a small pool of old, inactive veterans who can't string together even a hint of consistency. As soon as someone breaks the top 5, they get dispatched by someone they should have beat.

At least with the Cain rematch we can see if the altitude thing really was the reason he looked so shithouse, otherwise it proves fighters were respecting the aggression of Cain too much this whole time and elevates Werdum. Either way something gets cleared up.

Getting sick of Cain getting rematches, even if he does get the belt...he will never come close to sniffing top 5 HW because he just fights the same people over and over.

Back