Cain the betting favorite over Werdum.

I think this cardio Cain thing is a little overstated. Cain had serious problems implementing his game in the clinch he needs to find a solution other than sea-level.

I think this cardio Cain thing is a little overstated. Cain had serious problems implementing his game in the clinch he needs to find a solution other than sea-level.

Why does everyone think Cain's only path to victory is the clinch? Just because he used it extensively against JDS doesn't mean that's the only way he tries to win a fight.

Look at the Nogueira, Lesnar, and Bigfoot finishes.

People who think altitude was the only reason Cain lost that fight still don't understand what it is they are watching.

People who think altitude was the only reason Cain lost that fight still don't understand what it is they are watching.

You're an idiot (which you've already proven to be) if you think a 2 year layoff didn't affect Cain, and with his come back fight being at high elevation.

You're an idiot (which you've already proven to be) if you think a 2 year layoff didn't affect Cain, and with his come back fight being at high elevation.

If you start off an argument with an insult you've already lost. Never said it wasn't a factor, but it wasn't the only reason he lost and if all he improves is his conditioning he will lose again.

If you start off an argument with an insult you've already lost. Never said it wasn't a factor, but it wasn't the only reason he lost and if all he improves is his conditioning he will lose again.

Statistically the fight was extreme close, he hurt Werdum twice, got him down several times, and that was when he was in piss-poor condition after not fighting for 2 years. He gassed in a round which was a substantial factor in the loss.

Why is everyone saying that Cain is so afraid of the ground game when he took down Werdum 4 times?

He was gassed out and made an amateur mistake that lead to him tapping.

1. Werdum did the troll fall, Cain didn't go down with him.
2. Cain takes him down, lands in side control. Werdum rolls him over and tries to get full guard. Grabs Cain's arm but Cain pulls out and stands back up
3. Werdum baits a takedown, almost rolls Cain over into full mount. They stand back up.
4. Werdum baits another takedown and locks in the guillotine.

Werdum said he was waiting for the moment for Cain to shoot in the 3rd. He couldn't grab the neck the first time but knew he had it the 2nd.

If Cain tries the takedown strategy in the 2nd fight, he's just getting submitted even quicker.

1. Werdum did the troll fall, Cain didn't go down with him.
2. Cain takes him down, lands in side control. Werdum rolls him over and tries to get full guard. Grabs Cain's arm but Cain pulls out and stands back up
3. Werdum baits a takedown, almost rolls Cain over into full mount. They stand back up.
4. Werdum baits another takedown and locks in the guillotine.

Werdum said he was waiting for the moment for Cain to shoot in the 3rd. He couldn't grab the neck the first time but knew he had it the 2nd.

If Cain tries the takedown strategy in the 2nd fight, he's just getting submitted even quicker.

He was still gaining takedowns and was on the mat with Werdum, proving my point.

He capitalized on a lazy mistake from a gassed out Cain.

Statistically the fight was extreme close, he hurt Werdum twice, got him down several times, and that was when he was in piss-poor condition after not fighting for 2 years. He gassed in a round which was a substantial factor in the loss.

That's exactly my point. You're looking at statistics instead of watching the fights. If you watched the fights you'd realize this is the second AKA title fighter eat this many knees to the body in early rounds. As a camp, they still haven't found a solution to it. His takedowns and attempts sapped him further, because he couldn't do anything of value on the ground.

Anyway, this is a waste of my time. Go ahead, put money on Cain.

That's exactly my point. You're looking at statistics instead of watching the fights. If you watched the fights you'd realize this is the second AKA title fighter eat this many knees to the body in early rounds. As a camp, they still haven't found a solution to it. His takedowns and attempts sapped him further, because he couldn't do anything of value on the ground.

Anyway, this is a waste of my time. Go ahead, put money on Cain.

I watched the fight several times and I've looked at the statistics. Oh god, here comes the "hit him in the body with MASSIVE shots that made him gas"

Yeah... it's not like Cain was fighting at an elevation that affected every fighter on the card or anything. It's also definitely not even possible that he was affected after not fighting for 2 years, compared to Werdum who had been active.

There is something seriously wrong with you

Even if it was just one of the reasons that still puts Cain in a better situation this time than he was in last time.

The long layoff may well have been another reason, and again, advantage Cain as compared to last time.

Werdum's advanced age could be a 3rd reason. He's now 38, something that could potentially hit him at any time.

I'm not saying Cain is going to win, but I can easily see the reasons why he would be the favorite.

I watched the fight several times and I've looked at the statistics. Oh god, here comes the "hit him in the body with MASSIVE shots that made him gas"

Yeah... it's not like Cain was fighting at an elevation that affected every fighter on the card or anything. It's also definitely not even possible that he was affected after not fighting for 2 years, compared to Werdum who had been active.

Blah blah blah 2 years....
Wah wah wah after 2 years....
You're like a broken record. That cries.

He was still gaining takedowns and was on the mat with Werdum, proving my point.

He capitalized on a lazy mistake from a gassed out Cain.

Cains a wrestler. His natural instinct is to wrestle. He took werdum downs but was obviously afraid to stay on the ground with him.

He felt his strong point was the striking and clinching against the fence and werdum owned him there. So he tried to mix it up but werdum was prepared for everything.

Cains a wrestler. His natural instinct is to wrestle. He took werdum downs but was obviously afraid to stay on the ground with him.

He felt his strong point was the striking and clinching against the fence and werdum owned him there. So he tried to mix it up but werdum was prepared for everything.

"Owning" someone isn't outstriking them by only a few strikes

You are obviously just looking to make excuses. Cain had no answer to anything werdum was doing. Cain tried to throw bombs the first few minutes but werdum weathered and countered and cut cain. Then cain tried to clinch against the fence and dirty box, werdum again kneed and fought back strong. When they were striking, werdum was tagging him and dropped him with a knee. Cain was visibly hurt after that knee.

The next round was cain being beaten handily on the feet with no answer. Taking the fight to the ground meant possibly getting subbed, standing and striking was not working either. He shot for the takedown in desperation to slow werdum down and got choked out. Is normal

will bet on the Doom seems like no matter what he does he will always be the underdog somehow guy is truly underlooked

Back