Cain the betting favorite over Werdum.

No matter what Werdum does or how much he accomplishes, he will always be underestimated.

It's a different fight.

Werdum had months to acclimate himself to the elevation of Mexico City. Cain had 2 weeks.

Plus Cain would be assumed to have had significant ring rust following a long layoff which should be less of a factor next time.

I would have been surprised if Cain wasn't the favorite.

I like how the Cain fans excuses are "he wasn't in shape".

Not the fact he was getting lit up on the feet and dove for a takedown in desperation.

I like how the Cain fans excuses are "he wasn't in shape".

Not the fact he was getting lit up on the feet and dove for a takedown in desperation.

When you're not in shape you're more susceptible to getting lit up on the feet.

Pretty simple, I would think.

Betting on Doom...again!

Cain's cardio is a myth, the guy gassed in the 2 JDS fights even when JDS was out on his feet and pretty much reduced to a human punching bag.
UFC hype machine did a good job selling "Cardio Cain"

Cain, first 3 time HW champion.

couturenewgf_medium.gif

Do you even UFC, bro?

Ridiculous. Everyone should watch the fight again. The first round was competitive but Werdum wore him out with Muay Thai and will do the same again unless goes in unmotivated or barring a fluke TKO.

Cain has no answer for Muay Thai. I expect him shoot for single legs this time and eventually get arm barred.

Werdum landed virtually no knees with his Muay Thai clinch in the first round and every time he got an hold on Cain

It's a different fight.

Werdum had months to acclimate himself to the elevation of Mexico City. Cain had 2 weeks.

Wasn't months it was a few weeks longer.

Anyways, I'm not so sure we will see Cain's mythical cardio, the man is in his 30's now.

Betting on Doom...again!

Cain's cardio is a myth, the guy gassed in the 2 JDS fights even when JDS was out on his feet and pretty much reduced to a human punching bag.
UFC hype machine did a good job selling "Cardio Cain"

You obviously know absolutely nothing about fighting. What Cain did against JDS requires an insane amount of stamina. To be able to land that many punches, to shoot for that many takedowns and to put that much pressure all the time, you need to have great cardio. Plus, in the 3rd fight JDS was landing hard shots in pretty much every round. Harder than anything Werdum landed on Cain, and that still didn

LOL WUT. Cain got smoked like a loaded Backwoods. This line will change.

I can see it, as it was considered an upset by most, and many people think it will be difficult to repeat.

I will never understand why people complain about odds. If you feel Werdum is undervalued, bet on him. If you don't bet, why do you care about odds?

Because it shows the biases and uneducated views of supposed professionals towards MMA and that's both frustrating and damning. Don't people know what they are watching?? It's that whole bronie at the sports bar yelling at a striker to go for an armbar when both fighters are standing.

Excuses. Cain could have chosen to train in Mexico City but he didn't, that's on him.

Mexico is a little too rough for an American kid like Cain. He only stays as long as his work requires, then its back to the burbs, essay.

People need to rewatch the fight. Cain with a little better cardio would have defeated Werdum.

Sure thing, new guy. You seem legit. I'll take yer word for it instead of believing my eyes.

tumblr_m3tkguJzXc1qlem7zo1_500.gif

Excuses. Cain could have chosen to train in Mexico City but he didn't, that's on him.

That's irrelevant to the discussion.

What matters to the topic of this thread is that the circumstances surrounding the rematch will be different and presumably more favorable to Cain than they were last time which helps to justify his again being the favorite.

They know that Cain was out for 2 years and that had much to do with the way he was fighting. They are not like the dudes here who don't like Cain.

It happened the same in anderson vs weidman, tne outcome won't change either

Back