Cain knew what he was doing when he started talking about his injuries

gspfedkobe24

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
He then went on to talk about how much he wanted to beat Werdum, but I just didn’t buy it. He’s been in the fight business long enough to know that you don’t make such claims so close to a fight. I think he might have wanted an out.

He then went on to talk about how much he wanted to beat Werdum, but I just didn’t buy it. He’s been in the fight business long enough to know that you don’t make such claims so close to a fight. I think he might have wanted an out.

Nah

Agreed. He snitched on himself to be removed shamelessly.

Shameful. I have liked Cain for years but this one hurts.

He waz likely unable to keep the scheduled surgery a secret & so revealed it due to that.

He waz cleared by several doctors... so there should've been no reason for a cancellation due to him revealing it. Hell, he waz cleared today! The commission stepped in & decided the doctors didn't make the right call... not the doctors or Cain.

No way Cain pulled something like this on purpose so that he'd get the fight cancelled.

@One MMA Fan

Last edited:
A way to pull out of the fight, without actually pulling out?
56292251.jpg

Agree.

Comes out that he has an injury in this MMMAAAAAAAAA meeting.

Doesn't pull out knowing he won't get medically cleared.

Y'all do realize it's been around a month since he revealed his back surgery waz scheduled after the fight right? o_O

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Ca...ter-UFC-207-Rematch-vs-Fabricio-Werdum-114291

The real question is why did it take them that long to determine he shouldn't fight. Why wait till the week before?

Edit: Found out that on Dec. 21st Cain revealed that he had difficulty standing for more than 10 minutes at a time. So based on his "words" in revealing that... the commission decided that waz no condition for a fighter to step into the octogon.

Now the question is... "if Cain really wanted to fight... why did he reveal that?"

Last edited:
Y'all do realize it's been around a month since he revealed his back surgery waz scheduled after the fight right? o_O

The real question is why did it take them that long to determine he shouldn't fight. Why wait till the week before?

Ya so let him go on and on how he can't stand for more then 10 minutes......Great way to get cleared for a fight.

He waz likely unable to keep the scheduled surgery a secret & so revealed it due to that.

There are ways to talk about surgery without making it into that big a deal. The way Cain talked about it was definitely odd, admitting he had to be on painkillers constantly . He's never been so open with his injuries before.

According to Cain himself the doctor cleared him, so it appears they aren't letting him fight solely because of the way it blew up in the media due to him talking about it (and of course Ariel had to break it).

I thought it had to do with his participation with the union (or whatever they're calling it).

There, he talked about his past injuries and how fighters can face financial hardship as a result.

So his last interview where he talked about his back seemed like his way of showing to the fans the necessity of fighter pension and medical things, while also showing how difficult this sport is.

At least that's the only logical explanation I have as to why he disclosed such things to the public.

Where is this much touted interview of his where he spilled the beans on his injuries? I can't find it anywhere.

Either way it's fuckin annoying. I wouldn't give two shits if him and DC announced their retirement from their hospital beds, holding hands, trying to get a workout in by flipping the hospital beds with their IVs in.

He wanted to be sure Dana won't skip him for the tittle after.

But Dana took it and used it got him off the card on 5 days BS commission upper brass phone call.

Clear message for all union fighters it's open season on your asses.

Yeah, he didn't want to pull out so he started saying he's injured so that they pull him.

I'm done with this man!

he was just too stupid. state commissions stupid and incompetent, he should hav ejust kept his mouth shut that they wouldn't have denied him the fight

AND STOP GOING HARD AT AKA

Back