Cain/JDS showed us... good Kickboxing > great Boxing

Da Killa

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I was very impressed on how Cain was controlling the standup part of the fight. It was clear that he had way more striking tools in his bag than JDS. JDS seemed ultra one dimensional not just in the that he is foremost a striker, but also striking-wise he looked very limited in what he had to offer. Cain was fully prepared for the little he had to offer.

I have even more respect for Cain now.

Still, I hope JDS comes back even stronger. The HW division is really exciting now.

What? It was his wrestling, not his kickboxing, that gave him the edge.

How well did mediocre kickboxing serve Cain in their first fight?

Chael Sonnen already taught us this lesson, dude.

Wrestling threat = stand up success over superior stand up.

Nope... Is because of the takedown that confused jds... Like a gonzaga crocop storybook

Wrong. It was Cain's pace and ability to mix things up.

This a million times, hell even Chael was outstriking Anderson.

TS probably supports kickboxing and hes been affected by boxing

Wrestling may have played a little teeny tiny role as well.

JDS couldn't even get more than 1 or 2 shots off before he had to defend a takedown, so no.

Kicks can surprise people and they have more range. If you have it all higher probability for victory. Wrestling and kickboxing is the new trend now set by Cain. :icon_lol:

well junior isnt a boxer.

he has nice kicks also but prefers to throw his hands

Threat of takedowns alters a standup fight quite a lot. Lots of people, like Supercharged, will ignore this.

Because they are dumb.

It was the pace that neutralized Cigano's punches. For the first two minutes or so JDS looked like he was going to able move away and eventually land a good enough punch to end Cain's night. But then he tired out very quick and couldn't find away around the pressure that Cain was bringing.

There's a much older lesson that The Iceman taught us and still applies. Good takedown defense + overhand right = unconscious wrestlers.

I can do this too :)

Back