Cain has the ideal fight style to beat JBJ.

i agree that cormier beats jones at 205.

I'd have to see Cormier at 205 first. You never know how that's going to turn out.

Same thing with Jones at HW. Until I see him fighting at 240, I just don't know.

Other things to consider, Cormier has been a lot quicker than the HW's he's fought...will he be quicker than the top guys at 205 and even if he is, is it significantly more so than the top 205 guys are used to seeing.

I am not saying Cormier won't beat Jones at 205 but I don't think it's as simple as people make it.

as opposed to everyone else that fights for a living :rolleyes:

you can't judge how Jones would do against the HW champion based on his LHW fights. Cain would run through all of Jones' past opponents if they were forced to fight him at HW.

Your righteous indignation is rather meaningless. I believe Jones is more driven than most and he is actually proving it by barreling through just about anyone put in his path. I believe the constant predictions of his demise are more about a childish dislike for him than actual belief someone is really just going to 'destroy' him. The disturbing fact to some is Jones actually is that fighter who is more adaptable to the art of fighting than many will ever be. How many fighters were supposed to 'have his number?' How many were going to put him to sleep? Another day, another prediction of his downfall and he keeps crushing. He deserves the benefit of the doubt. He has earned it via destruction. The fact it causes depression to a bunch of spiteful men is rather surreal, and pathetic.

I'd have to see Cormier at 205 first. You never know how that's going to turn out.....

...I am not saying Cormier won't beat Jones at 205 but I don't think it's as simple as people make it.

This is making me very excited to see Cormier in the UFC!

I'd have to see Cormier at 205 first. You never know how that's going to turn out.

Same thing with Jones at HW. Until I see him fighting at 240, I just don't know.

Other things to consider, Cormier has been a lot quicker than the HW's he's fought...will he be quicker than the top guys at 205 and even if he is, is it significantly more so than the top 205 guys are used to seeing.

I am not saying Cormier won't beat Jones at 205 but I don't think it's as simple as people make it.

fair points.

i think stylistically-speaking, cormier is a nightmare for jones.

but we'll have to see.

fair points.

but we'll have to see.

I see a bit of that too. The hard part is they are both still getting better by a decent degree. I want to see them fight though I think a test fight at 205 for Cormier would be a good idea. JBJ is not a good first fight in your new weight class with a potentially rough cut.

Thats just it Cain will have to worry about Jones striking as well as his wrestling.Is Cormier a Greco Roman wrestler? I'm not to famailiar with his background. Being an olympian is great but it doesn't mean much if you've never trained or competed in Greco Roman wrestling.

Either way these two fighting is probably never going to happen I don't believe Jones will ever be forced to move up in weight.

Why would he need to be a Greco-Roman wrestler when folkstyle has everything in it that Greco-Roman does with the addition of attacks to opponents legs?

JDS =/= jones

JDS = brazilian with no wrestling experience
Jones = american with a solid amateur wresting background

Your righteous indignation is rather meaningless. I believe Jones is more driven than most and he is actually proving it by barreling through just about anyone put in his path. I believe the constant predictions of his demise are more about a childish dislike for him than actual belief someone is really just going to 'destroy' him. The disturbing fact to some is Jones actually is that fighter who is more adaptable to the art of fighting than many will ever be. How many fighters were supposed to 'have his number?' How many were going to put him to sleep? Another day, another prediction of his downfall and he keeps crushing. He deserves the benefit of the doubt. He has earned it via destruction. The fact it causes depression to a bunch of spiteful men is rather surreal, and pathetic.

just because someone roots against Jones doesn't mean they don't recognize his talent. they can be fans of the other fighter, trolls, or don't like his attitude for whatever reason. i think he has the perfect build for lhw and can dominate there for a long time, however i don't believe he can beat Cain or Cormier at HW.

Would love to find out how Jones would do against Cain.

Cormier will beat Jones first tho and after that I don't think jbj will every get to fight for the HW championship.

Cormier will beat Jones LOL.. He'll kill himself to make 205 and get dominated like Rashad and Rampage did..

fair points.

but we'll have to see.

I actually think his frame is the issue. He doesn't have very good reach at all. He would have to wing punches to get inside. Jones has shown that he is very good at keeping people on the outside.

His only hope is taking Jones down and I think people are assuming because Cormier was a Olympic wrestler that he's going to do it no problems.

Cormier has never fought in the big leagues all his wins reside in a second tier organization vs sub par competition.

yeah josh barnett is such sub par competition get the hell out of here. he also beat the shit out of bigfoot silva.

I actually think his frame is the issue. He doesn't have very good reach at all. He would have to wing punches to get inside. Jones has shown that he is very good at keeping people on the outside.

His only hope is taking Jones down and I think people are assuming because Cormier was a Olympic wrestler that he's going to do it no problems.

considering he man handled barnett who is enourmous and an incredibly skilled catch wrestler i don't think jones is going to be that big of a problem. cormier really has transitioned so much better than most wrestlers.

Cormier has never fought in the big leagues all his wins reside in a second tier organization vs sub par competition.

1344839687468.gif

No, he'd have to jab and use his speed and footwork. Fortunately for Cormier, he has one of the more impressive jabs in MMA and may be the fastest HW. He has a style which can defenitely give Jones problems.

No, he'd have to jab and use his speed and footwork. Fortunately for Cormier, he has one of the more impressive jabs in MMA and may be the fastest HW. He has a style which can defenitely give Jones problems.

I'd say Cain is faster then he is but regardless neither him or Cain are as fast as Rashad or JJ. The LHW are on a different level when it comes to being athletes and the speed they bring. Brandon Vera moved down and couldn't do much at LHW while he was doing great at HW. Reem moved up and is doing great at HW.

The two weight classes are just completely different in terms of the # of well rounded opponents and athletes. Also Cormiers Jab would be laughable against Jones it would not threaten him in anyway. In fact staying on the outside trying to jab is the last thing he needs to do.

He best chance of winning is pressuring Jones against the cage and working from there similar to what Cain did to JDS. Either way Cormier already stated hes not moving down and I think thats a good move dropping to 205 is just not going to happen for him I feel like Cain would have a better shot at making that drop.

I'd say Cain is faster then he is but regardless neither him or Cain are as fast as Rashad or JJ. The LHW are on a different level when it comes to being athletes and the speed they bring. Brandon Vera moved down and couldn't do much at LHW while he was doing great at HW. Reem moved up and is doing great at HW.

The two weight classes are just completely different in terms of the # of well rounded opponents and athletes. Also Cormiers Jab would be laughable against Jones it would not threaten him in anyway. In fact staying on the outside trying to jab is the last thing he needs to do.

He best chance of winning is pressuring Jones against the cage and working from there similar to what Cain did to JDS. Either way Cormier already stated hes not moving down and I think thats a good move dropping to 205 is just not going to happen for him I feel like Cain would have a better shot at making that drop.

You do realize that the jab is what allows fighters to get inside, right? I wasn't suggesting that Cormier fights him from the outside.

considering he man handled barnett who is enourmous and an incredibly skilled catch wrestler i don't think jones is going to be that big of a problem. cormier really has transitioned so much better than most wrestlers.

Yes he looked impressive against Barnett but lets not forget Barnett broke his hand that had to have affected him especially when it comes to grappling.

Also when is the last time Barnett has fought a HW with any wrestling credentials at all? This is a serious question I'm curious.

You do realize that the jab is what allows fighters to get inside, right? I wasn't suggesting that Cormier fights him from the outside.

Yes but it allows fighters to get in because it presents a threat, it will not be a threat to Jones who will just kick his knees and throw his own jab while looking for the over hand right/charge of cormier.

Who knows maybe I'm wrong but I just don't see Cormier out striking the best striker the LHW division has.

I'd prefer to see him fight the Henderson/Machida winner first.

Back