Cain had an awesome gameplan, but...

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by tuker, Dec 29, 2012.

1. tuker

tuker Yellow Belt

First off, props to Cain. He came in and had the perfect game plane for JDS. He almost finish in the 1st round.

However, one big negative for Cain was where did his cardio went? He was gassed in the 2nd!

2. Happiness

Happiness Silver Belt

Cain expended a huge amount of energy muscling jds against the fence. However he reaped the benefit of it, he gassd jds and blew up jds's shoulders. This brought jds's hands down and robbed jds of his power.

That being said, it's not as if cain stopped, he kept on grinding right until the final hooter.

3. Canecorsos

Canecorsos Red Belt

Very close to what GSP did to BJ. Which is perfect against a good boxer.

4. manji

manji Poo belt

Well he came out going full throttle. Even a champion marathon runner could gas if he spends the first 200 yards sprinting.

5. SL9

SL9 Believe

Don't forget Cain was still eating shots coming in, but he showed determination.

6. Shol

Shol Blue Belt

Well sort of but George vs BJJ was more punishment after the second round. I mean yes he did dominate him but honestly with a few good exchanges (joe mentioned this) he could have finished him on the feet... he was nailing him good and JDS was out of it.

However he chose (or because of the cardio I dunno lol) to sorta wall and stall or go for the takedowns and just sorta do a bit more than a complete lay and pray... was a combo wall/stall, lay pray but I was just disappointed because of how so easily he could have finished the fight with minimal risk.. (2 round, 3rd round as JDS seemed a bit less helpless in 4/5))

Just an opinion

7. YoureNotAboutIt

YoureNotAboutIt Orange Belt

Props to cain for his pressure/gameplan and to JDS for his heart and chin but after tonight i really believe Overeem would destroy either. (if they fought like they did tonight)