Cain got caught like how Kongo caught him, the knee gave out after. He recovered instantly

Finally someone who understands what the fuck happened. There's like a million gifs out there that showed the uppercut clearly landing and Cain buckling as result.
I agree. I thought this was a pretty legit win by Ngannou. Cain was clearly injured, but Ngannou set up the punch well and leaned on him. Cain's only choices at that point were 1) get injured and 2) fall back and let Ngannou take him down.

his knee hurt but he also got punched the same way he got punched against Kongo, he recovered very quick

The knee issue came because the leg buckled in a bad angle when Cain's lights went out for half a second

the buckling of the leg, caused by the uppercut, was the cause for the knee injury. IT DIDNT HAPPEN BY FLUKE or by slip.

Cain got punched, lights out for half a second like in the Kongo fight, knee buckled in the wrong way, further injured his leg. Cain doesnt remember the punch, so he thinks its just the knee that gave out. He woke up as his leg was buckling, so he woke up to knee pain

LegalFarChupacabra-max-1mb.gif

see how fast cain recovers

975lpd.jpg

Possible.

But you can’t be surprised that he got finished one of those times.

He also got caught by JDS once in three times.

It dangerous, those spilt seconds between being slightly out of range, and then closing the distance en route to a clinch.

and his knee got hurt because of the punch which turned his lights off, why is this a debate?
Ive been staring at the gif for awhile and am still not confident enough to stake a position on this

Hoping they release a fight motion video for this event. I need to see shit in super slo-mo
WellwornSardonicIberianlynx-size_restricted.gif

the uppercut you’re talking about happens while Cain’s back is to us, blocking the view?

sorta looks like a short-range, 3/4 uppercut

There's a view that's more directly behind Cain when the uppercut lands and Cain's torso immediately drops. IMO, that particular view is definitive.

He didn't recover at all lol he was turtled up on with his hands covering his head as he lay in fetal position that's why the ref called it off after only a few ground and pound strikes. I really wish he would have let Francis get more shots in.
by recover i meant wake up. he woke up as his knee was shredding. he was still loopy and out of it though but awake

Back