Cain gets rematch...why not Arlovski vs. Miocic to see who gets next title shot?

crocopteam

I don't need no belt!
@Green
Reaction score
Obviously, many are disappointed to hear that Cain is getting the immediate rematch despite the first fight not being very competitive! Knowing this...my question is....

Why didn't they make Arlovski vs. Miocic?

I think the match making game is becoming too hard for the UFC! At first we were teased by Dana saying he didn't know between Arlovski and Miocic, on who would get the next shot.
So we clamor on here like crazy, especially the first few days, between Arlovski and Miocic. Fans of each making their case on why one deserves it more than the other!

Then many of us are puzzled upon hearing Arlovski is getting Mir, leading most to think..."well, I guess it's Miocic"! And all this time, anyone asking for a Cain rematch is almost non existent!

Fast forward to the present... we find out Miocic is getting Rothwell and Cain is getting the title shot!

This was not all planned in a day, I'm sure that when they annouced Arlovski/ Mir they knew what their plans were. So if they knew a couple weeks ago that Cain was getting the title shot, why didn't they set up Arlovski/Miocic to see who would get the next crack at it? If Cain wins....what, JDS is next again??!

I think they thought.."well now that makes logical sense, and would be too easy, we need to screw with it a bit"!

Last edited:
Because the UFC secretly wants the HW division to be a joke to help out the Flys.

Well because that's an easy fight for Stipe. If they were going to make that fight they would have just skipped it and gave the TS to him.

Well because that's an easy fight for Stipe. If they were going to make that fight they would have just skipped it and gave the TS to him.

Arlovski is not an easy fight for anyone. Especially not someone who got finished by a prepubescent Stefan Struve.

Arlovski is not an easy fight for anyone. Especially not someone who got finished by a prepubescent Stefan Struve.

Maybe you should good look at Andrei's fight history if you think that kind of thing is relevant

Joe is content risking his contenders on matches nobody wants. #mastertollsilva

Maybe you should good look at Andrei's fight history if you think that kind of thing is relevant

What are we going to see? Him winning the UFC HW belt? I'm confused.

They're banking on the hopes of Reem beating JDS. They've wanted Reem to be a title challenger since they bought Strikeforce. He'd be easy to sell to casuals. All they'd have to do is show highlights of him destroying Brock.

cain probably has a rematch clause in his contract. dana doesn't need to tell you everything.

and if he doesn't have a rematch clause, cain can use the altitude of the last fight as an excuse and call the loss a fluke.

Meh im happy for it. Im still hoping it it was the altitude that got to Cain

I'm sorry I must have missed something. Did Arlovski lose to someone as bad as Struve in recent years?

I agree that Stipe would beat AA but Stipe losing to Struve was really really bad.

Don't worry, Cain will get injured and pull out and we will see Werdum vs Miocic/Arlovski anyway

Because no one wants to buy Stipe vs Werdum PPV. Cmon kids this isn't rocket surgery.

As for me I think Arlovski has been forgotten by some casual and new fans its all that Brown streak hyped.

I don't agree with the Cain rematch I want to see Arlovski or JDS.

Back