Cain - exciting in fights, boring between them

Cain needs to flip the bird more. That's exciting, at least to Diaz fans.

In the "fight game", from boxing to MMA - there is a much smaller percentage that I notice who carry themselves with dignity or professionalism.
Cain is a man on a mission. Somebody with fantastic MMA skills and an approachable character which is very much humane outside of the Octagon.
I think the Fedor comparison is fair and has parallels such as:
They both come from an under represented background of fighter (I mean, international success - Russian and Latino) and they are marketed by their success and fighting ability as opposed to their character or Sonnen style antics.
Even seemingly respectful fighters such as Anderson Silva play up to a type of persona which enforces their marketability but I've heard little to nothing about Cain (or Fedor) other than they fight and live their family life.
I admire that but I'm not sure how many forum posters will admire it so much.
I'm a family man and I'm an amateur boxer. I hope I'd be seen under that sort of light if I turned pro. Great example and a pride to their sport.

Sorry for such a long essay!

Well said.

Yeah, you are right..

He is no poser..

And I like it..

I for one absolutely love Cain's demeanor. He is down to earth, soft spoken, and humble guy. Although, he is a star, you can clearly see that he is not star him struck. You don't see him hitting trees DUI with a new Bentley.

Nothing against Jones, but his DUI case is just plain and simple immature. If that is what you call a character then you need to live a little longer and be a character yourself, see how this works out for you.

Above all Cain is family man, which is a virtue in itself. Balancing work, family, stardom and humble demeanor is praise worthy. Cain is an exemplary man.

hes probably not much different in day to day life to any other fighter in the ufc but i agree when he does interviews and press work, he seems a little boring to watch. but we watch mma for the fight dont we? not the interviews before the fight.

In the "fight game", from boxing to MMA - there is a much smaller percentage that I notice who carry themselves with dignity or professionalism.
Cain is a man on a mission. Somebody with fantastic MMA skills and an approachable character which is very much humane outside of the Octagon.
I think the Fedor comparison is fair and has parallels such as:
They both come from an under represented background of fighter (I mean, international success - Russian and Latino) and they are marketed by their success and fighting ability as opposed to their character or Sonnen style antics.
Even seemingly respectful fighters such as Anderson Silva play up to a type of persona which enforces their marketability but I've heard little to nothing about Cain (or Fedor) other than they fight and live their family life.
I admire that but I'm not sure how many forum posters will admire it so much.
I'm a family man and I'm an amateur boxer. I hope I'd be seen under that sort of light if I turned pro. Great example and a pride to their sport.

Sorry for such a long essay!

Thank you, you just expressed my thoughts in different wording.

hes probably not much different in day to day life to any other fighter in the ufc but i agree when he does interviews and press work, he seems a little boring to watch. but we watch mma for the fight dont we? not the interviews before the fight.

Man, consider the fact that you are repeating the same shit all over day to day. Even GSP said in his interviews that it is taking mental toll on him and that he is not interested in answering the same questions to different media outlets, but he has to do it, since it is a part of his job. The questions are lame for the most part, like "Now that you are a Champion what do you see next for yourself?". Dah.... He is a fighter, next stop is another fight.

Of course, it would be cool if Cain said, now that I am a Champion I am taking my belt and running far far away, so no one else can have it and ended with an evil green kissing the belt and saying "my precious!"

I personally rarely watch interviews and don't care for em much. Cain was real impressive in his last fight and that keeps people plenty interested. Talk is cheap and usually only insecure aholes do it.

but, but... look at his tattoo!! he's clearly a gang member!

Not boring at all. He has a Brown Pride tattoo on his chest, he brings "polemic" even though he doesn't talk too much.

I don't need nor do i expect any additional entertainment from an exciting fighter.

Look at Fedor, Shogun or Cain, they're all quiet soft spoken guys outside the ring but everyone wants to see their fights because they fight like animals.

I personally rarely watch interviews and don't care for em much. Cain was real impressive in his last fight and that keeps people plenty interested. Talk is cheap and usually only insecure aholes do it.

nick-diaz-nate-diaz-crowd-picture1-150x150.jpg

I don't find him particularly exciting during fights either.

theres a good reason he is like that because when he got into the sport he knew he was going to be the best and wanted to stay undefeated for a long time. He wanted to show the world that the baddest man on the planet can be a nice guy.

The only reason you know he exists is because he's a fighter

Back