Cain couldn't even finish a gassed out JDS

Cain had a GSP-like gameplan. He was not going for a single KO punch or trying to advance positions on the ground. He simply outclassed JDS by attacking from different angles at a high pace.

Cain may have great cardio but the guy lacks the finishing touch. He doesn't have KO power nor the submission ability to do to an opponent.

If he couldn't finish a JDS in 5 rounds how is he going to do any better to a fresh Overeem?

And unlike JDS that Overeem is not a 1-dimensional striker that can't even check leg kicks. The guy has a good submission game and can grapple. Cain better bring it!

Fresh Overeem? Do you even KNOW who Overeem is?

Seriously, Overeem is the most overrated athlete of all time and I actually mean it.

Also, who cares if he didn't finish. JDS probably pissed more blood after the fight than most people have in their bloodstream.

Because Overeem has not already been knocked out 9 times...

I was not a big fan ofJDS until now. Even though he clearly got his ass beat by a very skilled and very dangerous Cain Velasquez he showed another side to this game. Every night these fighters step through that door is different and can have a different outcome. Cain could get laid out cold in 47 seconds in the rematch that will surely be scheduled soon. It's our sport and this is why I love it so much.

So the f''' what, I mean come on so what. He won the fight not all darn fights need to be finiesh Cain is the heavyweight world champion enought freakin said.

people will find a way to detract from these fighters wins no matter what. The Dos Santos fan boys are just butt hurt because JDS had nothing to offer cain last night. By this logic everyone who ever fought BJ had no finishing ability except Hughes and Grease St Pierre, because they didn't finish...

12 fights
11 wns, only 2 of them by desicion, 2 in rd2 and the rest in rd1.

12 fights
11 wns, only 2 of them by desicion, 2 in rd2 and the rest in rd1.

HAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

Like those c*nts who say that Kobe only scores so much cuz he takes so many shots even though he shoots 47% :icon_lol:

Werent people saying JDS has probably one of the best chins because he had never really been rocked by a punch? JDS showed to be tough and have a solid chin. Trust me Overeem won't come with as much heart as JDS. Overeem has the tools to win but if Cain gets his game going and it becomes a battle of attrition I think Overeem folds before the fight is over.

Cain had a GSP-like gameplan. He was not going for a single KO punch or trying to advance positions on the ground. He simply outclassed JDS by attacking from different angles at a high pace.

facepalm.gif

You stupid piece of shit.

JDS isn't hard to finish at all. He's been KO'd dozens of times. Cain should just give up on MMA. He couldn't finish a fight to save his life.

Do you know why? Because JDS is one of the best HWs today. I can't understand sherdog.
Yesterday he is an unbeatable God, today after a loss he is a nobody. He is still top 3 fighter.

JDS is tough and Cain was fatigued from trying to finish him in the first two rounds.

This

Cain was gassed himself, no HW has the cardio to go hard like Bendo, Edgar, Cruz etc for 5 rounds

Why are people attributing a non-finish to Cains skills? Maybe JDS is hard to finish, thought of that?

People love bashing Cain even when he has just proved that he is one hell of a guy to deal with. sigh

If he would have stepped back from holding jds on the fence more he could have finished him, but visions of that 64 second KO went thru his head so instead he just tied him up and tried for takedown after takedown. Why take a chance with jds?

Back