Cain beats Jones. He is not DC...

Pre-injury Cain yes, today's Cain we'll know soon enough

when you are in reality the best MMA fighter on the planet, you dont need p4p fantasies.

1169.gif

Agree. Cain TD acurracy was as high as GSP before the JDS fight. JDS defend many of his TDs and that made his acurracy get that low. He's better in everything than DC, but I think DC is a bit more resistent.

Not only is Cain a different fighter than DC, DC is a different fighter at HW than he is at LHW imo.
With all due respect to Jones, this debate has gone on for years, and I have always struggled to envision a way that Jones beats Cain. KO? Decision? Doubtful. Maybe via submission off of a standing elbow or something of that nature.
Sure, Jones may well could take Cain down, but I would be terribly surprised if he could keep him there. Lesnar couldn't.
These guys are arguably the two best in MMA, and match up reasonably in terms of size. It is a shame that we won't ever see the fight made. Certainly not while both men are in their primes.

May be another one of those fights that will never happen.

I never thought that DC could beat Cain in a mma fight.....you could just tell when looking at sparring footage who got the better of who.....Cain beats Jones, horrible matchup for Jon.

It would be an amazing fight.

Jones at HW would be larger. He has incredible durability (I think he's demonstrated that well by now), cardio to match Cain (although maybe not pace), raw strength, great reach, and is extremely well-rounded with pretty much no holes in his game. Add in his unparalleled creativity in the cage and it's a very tough match up for Cain.

Cain brings power, pace and wrestling to the table that when combined can give anyone trouble.

Agree. Cain TD acurracy was as high as GSP before the JDS fight. JDS defend many of his TDs and that made his acurracy get that low. He's better in everything than DC, but I think DC is a bit more resistent.

ok, so whats dc take before he move to lhw? I remember him throwing hw like rag doll but couldn't even come close to taking Jon Jones down.

Just because Cain is better than DC does not mean he will beat Jones. Should be a good fight.I can see Jones winning.

I know Jones haters and Cain nut huggers don't want to hear it but deep down they all know that Jones is more talented than Cain at every aspect of MMA.

look at Cains fights with Stojnic, Kongo and Rothwell. His output is insane. Always. Even on a round to round basis. Its crazy this needs to be explained to ppl and they dont realize it on their own.

If that isn't a list of killers, I don't know what is. Solid evidence, sir.

I know Jones haters and Cain nut huggers don't want to hear it but deep down they all know that Jones is more talented than Cain at every aspect of MMA.

He is not more talented. Cain is more talented. Despite his size, Cain destroys everybody that he faces. It takes more talent to be successful when you fight with physical disadvantages than when you fight with tons of advantages. Jones has over 10 inch advantage on most of his opponents. That

cains unique asset is his gas tank, his fighting style wouldnt work if he didnt have that. equating dc and cain is stupid, they are very different fighters

On the other side: Jones wouldn't have to cut 25pounds down to 205. And he also could add another 20pounds of muscle to that 230, which would make him the heavier man at 250. He also would be nearer his prime this time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back