Cain and his Harley . . .

rentboynoe

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Dana announced that Cain won a Harley motorcycle after his awesome performance. As nice as that is, I reallly do feel the UFC (and all sport orgs) should in their contracts have a no motorcycle clause.

We all know about Frank Mir's horrible accident, and Aldo had an issue as well (correct me if I'm wrong). Ben Roethlisberger and Jay Williams are two guys from the NFL and NBA who were seriously hurt trying to ride. I'd be terrible if Cain or any other fighter went the same route.

Last edited:
..Who the hell even wants that thing who doesn't look like Roy Nelson?

Give the guy some Anderson Silva-service and get him a Bentley.

A little over a year ago someone cut me off while I was riding. Got a messed up neck and a broken ulna+radius due to some other idiots mistake.

So yea it would be insane for a pro athlete to ever ride at all. Even if youre the best rider in the world you can still get badly hurt by things out of your control.

also the vest cain puts on in the vid is 100% pointless lol

Agree so much TS, motorbikes have o place in being gifts within the UFC, way to dangerous!

He should have been looking at his belt and ignoring Dana as he gave him the keys.

But good for him. Sweet bike for a dominant performance.

A little over a year ago someone cut me off while I was riding. Got a messed up neck and a broken ulna+radius due to some other idiots mistake.

So yea it would be insane for a pro athlete to ever ride at all. Even if youre the best rider in the world you can still get badly hurt by things out of your control.

Its to protect his tattoo.

Same thing can happen in a car, though. Or you can get thrown off a horse, or fall down skiing/snowboarding, or flip your snowmobile, or fall off a ladder while cleaning your gutters, or go down a waterslide wrong and break something from impacting the water.

The point is, there are many normal, every day activities that have the potential to really injure someone. Should fighters be prohibited from the all of them?

like the other time they gave him a Camaro when he became champ and he looked like he hated it haha

Did he just run a red light?

Same thing can happen in a car, though. Or you can get thrown off a horse, or fall down skiing/snowboarding, or flip your snowmobile, or fall off a ladder while cleaning your gutters, or go down a waterslide wrong and break something from impacting the water.

The point is, there are many normal, every day activities that have the potential to really injure someone. Should fighters be prohibited from the all of them?

True points but statistically more fatalities occur on motorbike than that of in a car so the risk is a lot higher, so not prohibited just discouraged

why gave them motorcycles and put in the contract they cant ride them

Of course a fighter can get hurt taking a shower or doing any other normal activity, but bikes can be extremely dangerous, and Dana and the UFC are encouraging it. I just think pro athletes should avoid unnecessaraly risky activity. They only have couple years to do what they love and make a living.

Also, as a selfish prick and a fan of MMA, I really hate when fights get cancelled due to training injuries . . . I'd be pretty bummed if it was due to Cain getting blindsided or popping wheelies or some dumb shit like that.

Of course a fighter can get hurt taking a shower or doing any other normal activity, but bikes can be extremely dangerous, and Dana and the UFC are encouraging it. I just think pro athletes should avoid unnecessaraly risky activity. They only have couple years to do what they love and make a living.

Also, as a selfish prick and a fan of MMA, I really hate when fights get cancelled due to training injuries . . . I'd be pretty bummed if it was due to Cain getting blindsided or popping wheelies or some dumb shit like that.

And how many times in MMA history have fighters pulled out due to injuries sustained while driving a motorcycle? Mir and Aldo? Haven't they given away one each of the last few seasons of TUF, not to mention other random times like this one?

I'm just saying that, yes, driving a motorcycle is more dangerous than driving a car, but it's not like getting on one is an automatic injury, or that it's the only way they could get injured.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back