Cain and DC timing is interesting

Wizzlebiz

Wizzlebiz is the Wizziest
@Silver
Reaction score
So Cain has not fought in a long time. A really long time. It was put out there that he was holding off due to a contract dispute.

DC claims retirement by 40. However dana is begging for 3 more fights from DC. Not possible by March 2019 (DC's 40th bday).

All of a sudden Cain gets his contract worked out and is now fighting Ngannou.

My theory is this is about timing between DC and Cain. Cain didnt want to get in the way of DC. Now that DC will retire they wont have a marketable champ without Cain.

Cain got more money due to DC impending retirement. It was perfect timing. Now lets hope hes still the beast we remember.

This isn't that interesting if you know anything about DC and Cain's relationship

This isn't that interesting if you know anything about DC and Cain's relationship
Its very interesting due to the financial aspect. Using leverage at the proper time is always somethig worth talking about

Its very interesting due to the financial aspect. Using leverage at the proper time is always somethig worth talking about

How do you know Cain "got more money"?

How do you know Cain "got more money"?
It was his reason for holding out. All of a sudden he has a new 4 fight contract.

What does that tell you?

He needs a marketable champ especially at HW. If I was running a multi billion dollar business id be just as weird im sure lol

Time to feed the GOAT

LOBOV_ARTEM_R.png

this is all assuming Cain fights again. I dont believe he is back until he is in the octagon.

this is all assuming Cain fights again. I dont believe he is back until he is in the octagon.
Quite true indeed.

Im optimistic. I want to see him back.

Cain hasn't fought since UFC 200.. its about to be UFC 233.. its been a while.. Ngannou might just find that chin..

So Cain has not fought in a long time. A really long time. It was put out there that he was holding off due to a contract dispute.

DC claims retirement by 40. However dana is begging for 3 more fights from DC. Not possible by March 2019 (DC's 40th bday).

My theory is this is about timing between DC and Cain. Cain didnt want to get in the way of DC. Now that DC will retire they wont have a marketable champ without Cain.

Cain got more money due to DC impending retirement. It was perfect timing. Now lets hope hes still the beast we remember.

It's probably a combination of things. I find it hard to believe that Cain was healthy for the past year and is sitting out. He might have decided to push things out a bit longer with DC but he hasn't had a major payday since July 2016.

It was his reason for holding out. All of a sudden he has a new 4 fight contract.

What does that tell you?
it tells us he signed a contract. maybe his bluff got called. maybe he got what he wanted. maybe they met somewhere in the middle. we don't know the terms, so it doesn't tell us much.

This has nothing to do with Dana. Whatever the plan, it was hatched at AKA between Cain and DC.

Totally makes sense. DC only dropped to LHW because of Cain.

I hope stipe makes his way to champ again and does his drunken mumble talk after winning and dana hates every minute of it and stalemates the division another five years

I hope stipe makes his way to champ again and does his drunken mumble talk after winning and dana hates every minute of it and stalemates the division another five years
This is oddly specific <45>

What does that tell you?

That I wasn't in the room when the negotiating took place.

Back