Cageside "Signature" Leather Curved Focus Mitts follow-up

joeymarvelous

ALL THE BELTS!!!
@Orange
Reaction score
Hi! A few months ago I posted this : http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f6...rved-focus-mitts-initial-impressions-2971073/

Some notable flaws developing I'm afraid. The padding has broken in, but only in the center of the pad at and around the target, so when a strike is somewhat off target, the force isn't absorbed as you would find with a somewhat softer mitt, but rather deflected, wrenching the wrist. I just feel lucky that I was holding the mitts for my 4 year old when I discovered this, so I'm not in a cast.

Less serious is that a thin layer of padding which protected my fingertips while holding is now nonexistent, and that area of the mitts aren't broken in at all, so sometimes there's some pain there as well.

So, generally good construction ruined by the wrong grade of foam, I suppose. These mitts are getting the t-shirt and rubber mallet party and I'll let you guys know the results.

I got this Mitt because it was cheap and I needed it shipped quickly. It's held up great !

OK, so I've gotten these to soften up a little. I found bending to be a good deal more effective than bashing, which also gives the mitts a more extreme curvature, which feels good and also takes away the fingertip issue I was talking about above.

The impressive thing is that through all of the bending, twisting, poking, prodding, bashing and brutal stomping, the construction has held up perfectly, so cheers to Cageside at being trustworthy for durable gear.

Back