Cageside MMA Shorts Review

Smashandgrab

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
First off I know this isn't the review section but for some reason I couldn't get the thread to load there so hopefully a Mod will be kind enough to move it for me.

So I got my Cageside MMA fight shorts last week and I'd thought I'd post an initial review. I have yet to roll in these shorts but I've done MT in them and so far I'm really impressed.
The shorts are 100% polyester, feature an elastic waistband with a heavy velcro fastener in the front as well as down the zipper area, and come equiped with an internal drawstring. These shorts feel really soft and yet I can tell already that they're going to be very durable, thanks to the polyester's rip stop characteristics. There is a 6" V-cut in either leg for improved mobility and an internal pocket for your mouthguard. The also have a stretch panel underneath similar to sprawl shorts.

I'm really impressed with the quality of gear that Cageside is producing. I've got two pairs of the ankle supports and they are top notch in my opinion. These shorts are no different. They feel incredibly soft and yet durable. The embroidery is very well done as is the stitching along the legs and waistband. The shorts fit true to size, but if your inbetween sizes like I am than I think you'd be better served by ordering a size down. I wear a size 29 jean and I went with the size 30 shorts. They fit well thanks to the drawstrings but I probably should've went with a 28.

The thing I like the most about these shorts is the fit. I sometimes have a problem wearing shorts because they always seem to droop too much in the crotch and butt. I find this really annoying when kicking or taking bigger strides. These shorts don't do that, they fit very well all around and the mobility in the legs are great.

Here are some pictures:
dsc00082nc9.jpg

dsc00085if8.jpg

dsc00101jl2.jpg

dsc00102hh7.jpg

dsc00103wd6.jpg

dsc00095js2.jpg

These shorts only come in white at the moment but hopefully Boomer will be bringing on some other colors soon. They retail at $39.95 and are available in full sizes from 28 to 38.
http://www.boomersmma.com/cammafishwh.html

nice review. do you happen to own a pair of truth shorts? the reason i ask is because they look like they are made from the same material

nice review. do you happen to own a pair of truth shorts? the reason i ask is because they look like they are made from the same material

I don't own a pair of truth's, I was thinking of ordering a pair last year but they didn't have my size at the time.

I really like the material, some of the polyester shorts feel stiff and I don't care for that at all. These shorts are really soft, are light and move very well and yet they're very sturdy.

I actually like the way they look and will probably pick up a pair here before too long, nice review.

Just talked to Boomer and asked him about any new colors he is coming out with black and white shorts and the look sick! I have these short's and i use them allaround MT, BJJ, GRAPPLING, JOCKING everything these short's are the best one out there on my oppinion plus they dont cost shit!

Cageside will come out with new colors. he is coming out with black and white shorts and the look sick! I have these short's and i use them allaround MT, BJJ, GRAPPLING, JOCKING everything these short's are the best one out there on my oppinion plus they dont cost shit!

They do kinda remind me of Sprawls just by their looks. Boomer is a standup guy, and I'm sure they're a quality pair of shorts.

yeah man i got a pair and i really do like them they are just good quality gear

Thanks to the Mod (Sonny I believe) who was good enough to move this for me.

Boomers just sent my a preview of his new Blue cagesidemma shorts THEY LOOK FREAKING SICK!!!

From a graphic designer's point of view, the reproduction of the logo in the small size doesn't work well. The heavily stroked 'urban' looking style logo on the waist band is also difficult to read.

I'd recommend removing both of those and keeping just the left logo. That way it looks less like a billboard also.

From a graphic designer's point of view, the reproduction of the logo in the small size doesn't work well. The heavily stroked 'urban' looking style logo on the waist band is also difficult to read.

I'd recommend removing both of those and keeping just the left logo. That way it looks less like a billboard also.

Back