Cageside clip of Khabib eating gaethje's left hook

Having a great chin is so underrated, if you really want to go unbeaten for so long then a good chin is vital, Jones and Khabib both have awesome chins.. Jones has been landed flush on many times and he just eats it, Khabib hasn't been landed flush on loads of times but when he has he just ate it.

If Overeem had that ability I swear he would be the GOAT, his offense skills are amazing, his striking is so good but his ground and pound is actually the best in UFC, once he gets on top its over always, he has amazing ground and pound, but just his chin has let him down too many times, most of the fights he was winning too
Chin and striking defense is also extremely important. Khabib rarely gets hit clean.

yep and 0.3 seconds later he was still walking the dude down like nothing happened.
Thats why Khabib is a special fighter. To go unbeaten in this sport us almost unheard of. Only Jones and Khabib have done that. (Yes matt hamil ik)

Good point, but as seasoned vet Gaethje should have known that whatever his game plan was to stop the pressure, it wouldn’t have been sustainable.

And It’s not like he’s the first fighter to get pressured by Kahbib like that, he should have had plan to counter that super aggressive style instead of trying to do everything at once to survive.

Overall it was pretty bad performance for Gathje and if it wasn’t for the end of round 1, he would have been finished.
Tough ask of gaethje to ask a pressure fighter who's never fought on the backfoot to learn how to fight on the backfoot against an undefeated generational fighter

Thats why Khabib is a special fighter. To go unbeaten in this sport us almost unheard of. Only Jones and Khabib have done that. (Yes matt hamil ik)
Adesanya is undefeated at the moment as well, in MMA.

Tough ask of gaethje to ask a pressure fighter who's never fought on the backfoot to learn how to fight on the backfoot against an undefeated generational fighter

I'd think coaches who get paid a good amount of money would put their fighters in situations in the gym so they can be best prepared for most circumstances. Then again I imagine Kron Gracie just did BJJ for his camp and not learn how to actually get someone down to the mat lol as evident by his Cub fight so...

I'd think coaches who get paid a good amount of money would put their fighters in situations in the gym so they can be best prepared for most circumstances. Then again I imagine Kron Gracie just did BJJ for his camp and not learn how to actually get someone down to the mat lol as evident by his Cub fight so...
They did that with Gaethje didn't help at all. He was practicing wrestling against the cage . Same for Poirier same for Conor.

They did that with Gaethje didn't help at all. He was practicing wrestling against the cage .

Yeh I saw that and it got me nervous because I thought he looked great, I was speaking about fighting on the back foot.

Khabib is not even the biggest guy in the LW division, not even the second.

1- Tony Ferguson
2- Dan Hooker
3- Khabib / Gaethje

Khabib's reach is even shorter than Conor's and Poirier's reach

1- Tony Ferguson: 76'' reach
2- Dan Hooker: 75'' reach
3- Conor: 74'' reach
4- Poirier: 72'' reach
5- Khabib: 70'' reach / Gaethje: 70'' reach

I dont mean just height. Him having problems with weight cuts means he is near upper limit of what is possible. It means he is one of the biggest guys in division. As you go to upper classes weight goes up, explosiveness is harder to keep and ranges get bigger. TD become harder to score and waste more energy. DC fought much more dangerous opponents, not P4P, but straight up more dangerous. More power, longer ranges. There is a reason guys dont go up.

I dont think Conor connected on your GIF, same as Justins hook, it wasnt full power from legs and it was from front foot. + its LW. Guy does have a chin, but its hard to say how good it is.

I dont mean just height. Him having problems with weight cuts means he is near upper limit of what is possible. It means he is one of the biggest guys in division. As you go to upper classes weight goes up, explosiveness is harder to keep and ranges get bigger. TD become harder to score and waste more energy. DC fought much more dangerous opponents, not P4P, but straight up more dangerous. More power, longer ranges. There is a reason guys dont go up.

I dont think Conor connected on your GIF, same as Justins hook, it wasnt full power from legs and it was from front foot. + its LW. Guy does have a chin, but its hard to say how good it is.
Why do you think Conor fought Cerrone at 170, wanted to fight with Sanchez at 170, and wanted to fight with Poirier at 170 before Dana White said ''no''?

Everyone has the same problem, Tony Ferguson as well got weakened because of the weight cut, it's not special to Khabib.

It was clean but not that big of a left hook. The one Pettis ate from Barboza was a much bigger shot.

That was just an appetizer for Khabib. The main course was two cheese-boorgers, well-done.

Adesanya is undefeated at the moment as well, in MMA.
Got knocked out in a Kickboxing fight but yeah, if he can keep his belt a couple of more times, but I doubt he can be as dominant as Khabib though, his Gastelum and Romero fights were not good at all.

Also Adesanya just have only 9 UFC fights in total, --title fights included--- and he can already tie Khabib in terms of title defenses if he defends his title one more time. Another proof that the UFC cheated Khabib by not giving him the title shot earlier. Khabib has 9 UFC fights before even he got the title fight, now he has 13 UFC fights in total, and Adesanya started to UFC as 11-0, while Khabib was 16-0.

Why do you think Conor fought Cerrone at 170, wanted to fight with Sanchez at 170, and wanted to fight with Poirier at 170 before Dana White said ''no''?

Everyone has the same problem, Tony Ferguson as well got weakened because of the weight cut, it's not special to Khabib.

Conor has power and probably wants to preserve health. Conor was FWm and none of them missed, fought catch weights or had to go to hospital.

Got knocked out in a Kickboxing fight but yeah, if he can keep his belt a couple of more times, but I doubt he can be as dominant as Khabib though, his Gastelum and Romero fights were not good at all.

Also Adesanya just have only 9 UFC fights in total, --title fights included--- and he can already tie Khabib in terms of title defenses if he defends his title one more time. Another proof that the UFC cheated Khabib by not giving him the title shot earlier. Khabib has 9 UFC fights before even he got the title fight, now he has 13 UFC fights in total, and Adesanya started to UFC as 11-0, while Khabib was 16-0.

Dude ppl considered him unofficial champ when RDA took belt. His fucking hiatus of 2 years is what took him away from belt. First match in he misses weight and then Conor took belt and went to fight Floyd.
If someone was fucked it was Tony who was stripped.

Also Izzy fought on prime kickboxing stage, not some RUS local festival.

Conor has power and probably wants to preserve health. Conor was FWm and none of them missed, fought catch weights or had to go to hospital.
Conor fought in lightweight before UFC (lost to Joe Duffy at lightweight), he was also cutting a lot of weight to take that featherweight belt.

Khabib never went to Dana and said he wants to fight catchweight 170, that's unprofessional, Conor did that with Nate Diaz, Cerrone and tried to do it again with Diego Sanchez and then even Poirier, but Dana finally said no, you can't do that. Then he finally accepted to fight at 155.

Khabib always remained professional, never fought at catchweight 170, and he will probably only fight at catchweight if that GSP fight happens, he will definitely not fight with people who are ranked lower than himself at catchweight, Conor did that with Nate Diaz and Cerrone.

Dude ppl considered him unofficial champ when RDA took belt. His fucking hiatus of 2 years is what took him away from belt. First match in he misses weight and then Conor took belt and went to fight Floyd.
If someone was fucked it was Tony who was stripped.

No, when Conor lost to Nate Diaz at catchweight 170, he shouldn't be rewarded to direct title shot for the lightweight title. That title fight should go to Khabib, Khabib should've fought with Alvarez, which is why he complained about that after beating Johnson.

''crazy PR machine tap like chicken'' <45>

Last edited:
Back