Cage Warriors sign with Channel 4 in the UK

TheShockmaster

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Huge news for UK MMA!! By far the biggest channel MMA has ever graced on UK television screens. I'm pleasantly surprised by this news. No details yet, but all UK MMA fans should be pretty excited right now :)

Great!

For me is right now the top promotion in Western Europe, love to watch their shows.

This is huge for European MMA, unprecedented exposure on a popular free to air channel in the UK (picked up in Ireland too). C4 have always been risk takers when it came to sports - they had the NFL in the 80s and then Italian football in the 90s.

I read the first broadcast will be CW70 from Dublin in August. No confirmed fights, but rumours about of Joseph Duffy making his return to MMA on this card. He couldn't have timed it better :icon_lol::icon_lol:

Edit: I agree with VolkHan, CW is Europe's top promotion. Great presentation (production and commentary), serious fighters, good matchmaking, cosy yet packed venues, and they go to some interesting places like Chechnya, Lebanon, Ukraine, Jordan and I think they had a card booked for Iraq but it may have fallen through. Seems to be run by a smart fella who has an eye on markets the UFC will probably never tap into.

Last edited:
very good news for the sport in the UK,now the only thing left to do is to get good presenters,which in the UK has proved very difficult.

More MMA on British TV is never a bad thing. Look forward to finally getting round to watching one of their shows!

all the fights are put onto youtube anyway.

very good news for the sport in the UK,now the only thing left to do is to get good presenters,which in the UK has proved very difficult.

fuck me where do they get some of these shitters from? BT Sport shows are ruined by that fucking long hair journalist, Davies, pompous fucker, needs to never be on TV. And then some random birds thrown in.
Seriously need to get someone interesting and knowledgeable on there

fuck me where do they get some of these shitters from? BT Sport shows are ruined by that fucking long hair journalist, Davies, pompous fucker, needs to never be on TV. And then some random birds thrown in.
Seriously need to get someone interesting and knowledgeable on there

GAD is fooking awful. Pompous and tries to hard to be .. something, I'm not sure, and comes off as the smarmiest, creepiest presenter on telly. His podcasts are unlistenable.

such an epic moment not just for cagewarriors but for the sport in the UK. amazing work

Still can't find any further details on when the first show is. Was hoping the SuperSaturday card but that might be a little too soon.

Back