Cage-grabbing and eye pokes appear to be fair game

Frankly, it's stupid not to foul someone, since no one is ever punished. Honestly, you probably get 2 free nut shots.

The problem is if the refs start docking points more often, especially on unintentional fouls, people will start faking them a lot more.

Even if you start using video replays, a lot of the time its very hard to tell if and where it connected, so people will end up being deduced points for totally legit strikes.

Honestly I think they should do an automatic point deduction for every eye poke and every nut shot.

Fighters will clean up their act really fuckin fast if they did,

Not the first nut shot maybe (it can happen accidentally when inside lowkickin) but the 2nd for sure. But every eye poke should be punished. It gives an edge to the poker accidental or not (and they are very rarely truly accidental, i have never heard or seen anyone getting poked while training..)

But every eye poke should be punished. It gives an edge to the poker accidental or not (and they are very rarely truly accidental, i have never heard or seen anyone getting poked while training..)

Same experience here

Vitor is best at punching the back of the head and yet erick silva gets DQd
Jon has p4p best eyepokes in mma
Bisping knee in rivera fight,did he got poit taken away?

Do you have any sources for this TS? Some sort of comprehensive data on pentalties in the UFC would be very interesting to examine.

Yes. I have updated the OP.

Honestly I think they should do an automatic point deduction for every eye poke and every nut shot.

Fighters will clean up their act really fuckin fast if they did,

Agreed. With the obvious exceptions for where the other fighters moves into it.

True for low blows, less so for eye pokes IMO. Just close your hands when striking.

Back