Crime CA has a budget surplus of 75 billion

We have no state taxes here in texas... we may have been slow but Its hard to beat living here. Even the tax breaks for agriculture and over 65 are redic. Id be happy for cali to keep all its people instead of all the people leaving the state for Texas.

Lol, I know. :p

High taxes and insane cost of living. Who the hell would want to live there?

Or maybe actually debate and not just change the subject when t out don’t want to discuss it

So you don't have an answer for Kentucky suckling at the teet of the nanny state?

What a goddamn shame. Here I thought you were some sort of big, bad, rightwing intellectual.

That's because they tax the bejeesus out of everyone.

Not really. Total tax burden in CA is a little above average, but because it's more progressive than most other states (or rather less regressive), it's a very low-tax state for most people.

https://www.kiplinger.com/taxes/state-tax/601612/most-tax-friendly-states-for-middle-class-families

https://wallethub.com/edu/states-with-highest-lowest-tax-burden/20494

The surplus is just a result of a booming economy.

It seems some years California's budget is a big problem much talked about. Then they raise taxes higher and the state finds they have more money. Helps too that California received a lot of government stimulus money.

I was reading the other day that California does have problems though. High taxes and high costs have been driving the younger people out of the bear state. I was surprised to read that California is now close to having a population as old as Florida.

Living in Florida myself, I like to joke that I live in geezer land, the mecca of retirement folks,. It appears that California is soon to take the lead of being populated with a large number of elderly. Not that many people move to retire in California though due to its high costs. Instead the younger people are leaving.

The article I read can be seen here ~

California is Leaving
No children, no middle class, and no future.

https://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/2021/05/california-leaving-daniel-greenfield/

excerpt:

For the first time in its history, California lost a House seat. California Democrats are resorting to conspiracy theories about President Trump and the census, but these are the numbers they got after spending $187 million on outreach and after rigging the census to make sure illegal aliens would continue to participate. And those are far better numbers than California deserves.

The decline and fall is not a surprising development out here where moving trucks are a frequent sight and everyone knows a family that is moving.

I know three of them in under two years.

The population numbers only tell part of the story of a big state that is rapidly losing its future.

California’s fastest growing population is senior citizens. By 2030, every 1 in 3 Californians will be over the age of 50. The over 60 population will increase by 166 percent by 2060 going from 5.5 million to 13.5 million. Hotel California is rapidly becoming a retirement community.

By 2030, California will have a higher percentage elderly population than Florida.

In 1970, the median age of Californians was 27 years old. Jerry Brown became the state's youngest governor of the century. When he next ran for office, he became its oldest governor at the age of 72. California’s median age is now 38. And it’s only headed north from there.

By 2050, a third of LA will be over 65 and by 2060, the median age in LA will be 48.

California’s elderly population is increasing faster than any other age group. While the young population will remain flat, the middle aged population will only increase by a fifth, even as the elderly population more than doubles. These numbers paint a portrait of a state with no growth.

The state’s birth rate fell 10% just last year. A one month comparison actually showed a drop of 23%. While the pandemic suppressed birth rates, the numbers had been dropping in California long before anyone had ever heard of Wuhan. Two years ago it hit the lowest level in a century down to half of the state’s 1990 birth rate. In the last decade, California’s birth rate dropped twice as much as the national average defying its own demographic destiny.

The news is much worse than these numbers make it look.

States with a large older population are often more conservative, but that’s less likely to happen to California. The fastest growth among its older population isn’t among white people, but the large Hispanic population that fundamentally altered the state’s demographics and politics.

A generation of cheap labor is coming of age. Its members are a lot less likely to leave the state than white seniors. As a Calmatters fellow noted, “older Californians are actually more likely to be immigrants than younger Californians”. They’re also more likely to be lower income.

These estimates are just projections of the future. They show trend lines rather than the escalating consequences of a state that is becoming increasingly unlivable.

California’s golden years were fueled by new industries and cheap land. The land isn’t cheap and the industries are pricing themselves out of the youth population they used to attract. Millennials have been moving out of New York and California in large numbers, and heading to Texas, Nevada, and Arizona. Industries will be forced to follow their potential workforce......

It seems some years California's budget is a big problem much talked about. Then they raise taxes higher and the state finds they have more money. Helps too that California received a lot of government stimulus money.

I was reading the other day that California does have problems though. High taxes and high costs have been driving the younger people out of the bear state. I was surprised to read that California is now close to having a population as old as Florida.

Living in Florida myself, I like to joke that I live in geezer land, the mecca of retirement folks,. It appears that California is soon to take the lead of being populated with a large number of elderly. Not that many people move to retire in California though due to its high costs. Instead the younger people are leaving.

The article I read can be seen here ~

California is Leaving
No children, no middle class, and no future.

https://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/2021/05/california-leaving-daniel-greenfield/

excerpt:

For the first time in its history, California lost a House seat. California Democrats are resorting to conspiracy theories about President Trump and the census, but these are the numbers they got after spending $187 million on outreach and after rigging the census to make sure illegal aliens would continue to participate. And those are far better numbers than California deserves.

The decline and fall is not a surprising development out here where moving trucks are a frequent sight and everyone knows a family that is moving.

I know three of them in under two years.

The population numbers only tell part of the story of a big state that is rapidly losing its future.

California’s fastest growing population is senior citizens. By 2030, every 1 in 3 Californians will be over the age of 50. The over 60 population will increase by 166 percent by 2060 going from 5.5 million to 13.5 million. Hotel California is rapidly becoming a retirement community.

By 2030, California will have a higher percentage elderly population than Florida.

In 1970, the median age of Californians was 27 years old. Jerry Brown became the state's youngest governor of the century. When he next ran for office, he became its oldest governor at the age of 72. California’s median age is now 38. And it’s only headed north from there.

By 2050, a third of LA will be over 65 and by 2060, the median age in LA will be 48.

California’s elderly population is increasing faster than any other age group. While the young population will remain flat, the middle aged population will only increase by a fifth, even as the elderly population more than doubles. These numbers paint a portrait of a state with no growth.

The state’s birth rate fell 10% just last year. A one month comparison actually showed a drop of 23%. While the pandemic suppressed birth rates, the numbers had been dropping in California long before anyone had ever heard of Wuhan. Two years ago it hit the lowest level in a century down to half of the state’s 1990 birth rate. In the last decade, California’s birth rate dropped twice as much as the national average defying its own demographic destiny.

The news is much worse than these numbers make it look.

States with a large older population are often more conservative, but that’s less likely to happen to California. The fastest growth among its older population isn’t among white people, but the large Hispanic population that fundamentally altered the state’s demographics and politics.

A generation of cheap labor is coming of age. Its members are a lot less likely to leave the state than white seniors. As a Calmatters fellow noted, “older Californians are actually more likely to be immigrants than younger Californians”. They’re also more likely to be lower income.

These estimates are just projections of the future. They show trend lines rather than the escalating consequences of a state that is becoming increasingly unlivable.

California’s golden years were fueled by new industries and cheap land. The land isn’t cheap and the industries are pricing themselves out of the youth population they used to attract. Millennials have been moving out of New York and California in large numbers, and heading to Texas, Nevada, and Arizona. Industries will be forced to follow their potential workforce......

California has crazy demographics of any state.

The latest census bureau report says that California is both the wealthiest state and has the highest poverty rate in the country at 24 percent — meaning almost a quarter of Californians live in poverty.

So basically.. almost no middle class for much of the state, especially the big cities.

California has crazy demographics of any state.

The latest census bureau report says that California is both the wealthiest state and has the highest poverty rate in the country at 24 percent — meaning almost a quarter of Californians live in poverty.

So basically.. almost no middle class for much of the state, especially the big cities.
Plus they have the highest ratio of LA dimes in the US.

yeah... it's a fucking $ party here.

Rich Orange County....
AP17257805071491.jpg.png

Lost Angeles...

San Francisco...
rawImage.jpg

Sacramento....
c7408c27-2a35-4d91-9efa-c688617f1801_1920x1080.jpg

It's a fookin hoot!

Have you actually been to California? Unless you intentionally seek out the places where the homeless populations resides you aren't going to see any of that. I love how you think Sacramento is the woods.

California should spend at least a billion on sidewalk needle and poop removal.

High taxes and insane cost of living. Who the hell would want to live there?

Umm California has always had high taxes and cost of living relative to the rest of the country and from the mid 60's to the mid 90's was awash in crime and smog still people continued flocking to California.

The problem today is that on top of the high cost of living in general, there is an extreme shortage of affordable housing (which contributes to homelessness) in the big cities and young people frequently have the burden of student loan debt which hinders their ability to find affordable housing, the Great recession which slowed immigration to California and to top it all off you now have the covid pandemic. So the population is not increasing as fast.

Umm California has always had high taxes and cost of living relative to the rest of the country and from the mid 60's to the mid 90's was awash in crime and smog still people continued flocking to California.

The problem today is that on top of the high cost of living in general, there is an extreme shortage of affordable housing (which contributes to homelessness) in the big cities and young people frequently have the burden of student loan debt which hinders their ability to find affordable housing, the Great recession which slowed immigration to California and to top it all off you now have the covid pandemic. So the population is not increasing as fast.

The housing cost is the real problem. People who want to buy homes are moving out of the state because it's too expensive. I'm considering it myself. With my job I could live anywhere.

The housing cost is the real problem. People who want to buy homes are moving out of the state because it's too expensive. I'm considering it myself. With my job I could live anywhere.
Enjoying the beaches, sun and beautiful women is a lot easier when you don't have to worry about having a decent roof over your head.

Have you actually been to California? Unless you intentionally seek out the places where the homeless populations resides you aren't going to see any of that. I love how you think Sacramento is the woods.

That pic of OC is from like 4 years ago and doesn’t even exist anymore lol. Also lmao at thinking oc isn’t beautiful because some out of date pic. Literally any city besides Santa Ana is an awesome place to live.

even in that picture of Anaheim it is in a river trail away from large streets like katella he also called that section of anaheim rich which it certainly is not maybe middle class and some apartments. I think I saw worst things from the homeless on my trip to nevada recently there were more mixed in with the public than in most of CA.

Back