Crime CA has a budget surplus of 75 billion

the point made was that the blue nirvana has to carry those povo southern states, (grrr rednecks) while being some of the blackest states. what would change if they were democrat states, would poverty just dissapear overnight, would there be an abundance of jobs...is the issue not deeper than just republican vs democrats.

why are blue state companies relocating to redneck states ? wouldnt have anything to do with a higher tax rate that your leaders implemented.

so many democrats are sneaky racists.
You said democrats were racist for talking shit about red states who get welfare from Cali because these red states have black people in them so I reminded you that those black people in those red states overwhelmingly vote democrat. It's really the Republicans who vote against their own best interests and who depend on money coming from blue states that people are shitting on.

Maybe they can use it on not having the most poor people in the country, the most homeless people, higher illiteracy rates than any other state and clean up the human shit all over the streets.
You left out the most traffic, most smog, worst fires, worst drainage, drought and poor water management and of course highest taxes...

You said democrats were racist for talking shit about red states who get welfare from Cali because these red states have black people in them so I reminded you that those black people in those red states overwhelmingly vote democrat. It's really the Republicans who vote against their own best interests and who depend on money coming from blue states that people are shitting on.

its the implication that goes over the head of most liberals, thats the issue. talking shit about missisippi is fine until you see its nearly 50% black. how would democrats fix those states because it seems most of these liberal states rely on an overbloated education system. a major gripe of blue states is the cost of education which is the biggest employer in some of these states. no wonder no one has seriously considered education reform because saddling young students with outrageous debt seems to feed the democrat machine.

So basically took on average $2K more than needed from the 35.9 million people in the state? Are they just going to retire part of the $362.87 billion in debt they have?
No, that's an acceptable debt margin for us. In fact, it's very low relative to our GDP.

We should prioritize infrastructure revitalization, water management/restoration projects, and forestry maintenance, above all, while reserving over half of that surplus for emergency wildfires, but I'm not optimistic that most of the money will go towards that.

by far the funniest genre of dumb conservative guy is the kind who thinks that every major American city is half shantytown skid row and half Charles Bronson Death Wish vigilante hellscape

your country is a mix of barrio, ghetto and trailerpark with maybe a nice suburb here and there.

I wonder if they will spend some of that on rakes to rake up the leaves on the forest floor.

So the Hill reports that California was looking at a 54 billion deficit for this year, but now its a 75 billion surplus bc of.........the stock market.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-...a-scores-staggering-75-billion-budget-surplus

what the hell. Other states don’t invest in the market? Or this is some f’in bullshit. Who knows what’s being done to help pelosis nephew survive the recall.

I do know that the report says newsom is now promising poor Californians more stimulus. Bc of course. That’s a great way to keep those votes.

Yeah, doing things for voters usually is a great way to keep votes captain obvious. Works better than the GOP method of pissing on voters and expecting to keep getting votes. They could call it trickle down...... oh and nice piss belt CBK

Good news for california always makes the right lose their minds

I know the State level and the City/Municipal level are different animals but am I the only one confused that Stockton declared bankruptcy a couple years ago and now the state as a whole has a surplus?

No I'm confused by that too. Also if they have all that money why are taxes so high and if they have all that money what's the deal with the homeless ? I don't understand at all.

Yeah, doing things for voters usually is a great way to keep votes captain obvious. Works better than the GOP method of pissing on voters and expecting to keep getting votes. They could call it trickle down...... oh and nice piss belt CBK
Yeah, trying to buy votes after forcing people out of work is a great plan. Can't believe nobody else thought of that.

Wait, so extremely high taxes that aren't spent on anything that might help the state, builds up?

Damn, who knew? Now talk in five years, after all the money has left the state due to not seeing any bang for their buck. See what kind of condition they're in then. The population in Cali dropped for the first time in history this year to the tune of around 200,000, for some mysterious reason...

This is mainly because they pessimistically estimated fallout from COVID-19. You could estimate that you're going to make $0, and then have a 'surplus' of however much money you actually made.

And most of the people who lost jobs were low wage workers, while the tech giants who pay a lot more of the taxes still were able to operate largely unphased (and in some respects did better due to the stock market infusion and tech boom due to remote work).

How do you manage a budget? You estimate what you income will be and then spend responsibly. California spent 75 billion less than they took in. This isn't like claiming no withholding on your taxes.

California is the goat. Lived here my entire life and never seen the supposed shit and needles all over the streets like people who’ve never stepped foot in California love to claim. Literally all you have to do is avoid parts of LA and SF lol.
“Never seen the homeless or the shit and needles they leave every where...just avoid those area’s and you’ll never see it...so it doesn’t actually exist!!”

Great (il)logic.

Back