C.Beeby's MMA Log (MT/Wrestling/Luta Livre/Conditioning/Diet)

2/04/11:

AM
Grappling: 1 hour
Side control escapes
Rolling: less flow, good technique.

2/07/11:

AM
Rolling

Body Conditioning (kicks, knees, checking, etc)

50/50 Kicks

PM
Conditioning: 1 hour
GNP, takedowns, jumping, pushups, sprawls

Muay Thai: 1 hour
1, rear foot jab to the face, rear kick catch, cross x 2, throw, rear kcik, lead kick catch, hook x 2, throw, lead kick

Rolling: need to stay tighter on the leg in top half guard.

Last edited:
2/08/11:

Sparring: 1 hour
Worked on sitting down on my punches more, jabbing, stepping to the outside to hook, and throwing the uppercut on the inside.

Grappling: 2 hours
Drilling the double from outside, head snap, inside ties, hip bump sweep, marcelotine from front headlock.
Rolling: Dicking around.

2/09/11:

AM
Armbar from turtle, calf slicer from turtle, armbar from calf slicer
Rolling

50/50 kicks

PM
Wrestling on the cage, farmers carries, pushups, sprawls

Need to lean back on teeps more and get ready to check after kicking.

Falling apart!!!

Last edited:
2/11/11:

My feet/shins are starting to take a toll, that said; working the jab, rear kicks, checking on the way back, and catch counters.

Fireman's/dump, Roger pass side to mount.
Rolling: In pain.

2/14/11:

AM
Drilled brabo, mounted brabo, fooling around with the Japanese Necktie.
Rolling: Started standing a bit. Good combos.

2/15/11:

Hardly tired, working on staying tight and technical. Last rounds weren't.
Notes: Crowd TKD guys, ouch.

I need to get everyone wrestling live Tuesdays and Thursdays, but promised a friend we'd go over the arm spin today.
Double leg from inside ties, firemans from inside ties, dump, arm spin from inside ties, arm spin from the over under. Not fun to teach.

Last edited:
2/16/11:

AM
Kinda tired, I know why. All bottom.

PM
Stability work. Supermans and squats standing on a swiss ball (getting better!), etc.

Better range, timing on the uppercut.

Rolling: DOMINATED by one of our blue belts Andre Galvao style... so that's what I've been doing to people.

Last edited:
2/17/11:

Throwing combos, as weak as they are.

Wrestling: Shooting for 20 minutes, Fireman's from inside ties, dump, Fireman's to Hi-C
Rolling.

2/21/11:

Rolling: Almost all bottom.

Last edited:
2/22/11:

Double leg, trip, mobility, jogging, sprawls, live wrestling.
Rolling: Mostly bottom. Bit more closed and half from bottom.

2/23/11:

Getting up flat in butterfly, sweep. Notes: Scissor more, head to the side that is sweeping.
Rolling: Good mix of top, bottom, standing.
Notes: Escaping 50/50: Feet on the ground = safe, grab the head and arm to get to the cross grab with the arms, escape the hips for a scramble, or attack the feet. Guard/bottom: Stay more on one side, never flat, watch for the lower body knee bar when transitioning from hip to hip.

2/24/11:

Duck walk, carioca, jogging, skipping.
Drilling takedowns.
Live. Someone broke their arm. Ouch.
Rolling: Started standing and jammed the SHIT out of my shoulder. Neck is sore.

2/25/11:

Tried to grapple briefly, not happening. My clavicle, where it connects to my neck, is swollen, sore, and my ROM is extremely limited.

2/26/11:

Tournament today. Going to see if I can get a refund, as my shoulder will probably not hold up. If I cannot, my first match is against a teammate who I can give the sub win to, assuming my shoulder will not hold up.

Looking forward to backing my guys up, most of the people competing today are guys who I really like, that I train and train with several days a week.

3/02/11:

Update:
-Wasn't able to compete at the tournament. No refund, so I gave my registration to a teammate who competed at the next highest weight class. Made me feel good because he couldn't afford it, but was still very anxious and disappointed that I couldn't compete. He did well, and learned a lot.
-After several days, my shoulder is getting better but still definitely not workable to train with. Had a random left wrist pain for 2 days with no explanation, but it's fine now. Toe feels mostly healed, going to do some active rest/mobility type stuff with it before I train light Saturday.
-Trying to fight April 09. Updating later with details. It is in LA area, pretty far, but if teammates want to come along, this may be a good possibility.

3/07/11:

First day back. Injury was up to about 90%.

Rolling. Tired, lungs hurt, as expected.
Takedowns. Inside trip to knee tap... reinjured shoulder.

Spent the rest of the day at the gym, torturing myself. At least I got some homework done.

3/08/11:

Sparring: 30 minutes
Teammates sparred for over an hour and a half, I was sidelined after checking a kick to the arm.
Felt good to get back in, I was pumped the whole time. Had trouble timing the uppercut, but my rear and lead foot jabs to the body/knee were good.

Started with drilling the high-C with proper set-up. Hard to do with bruised legs!
Went live, avoided shooting, and mostly did tie-ups and set ups.
Rolling: tired, bruised legs, lot of bottom.

3/09/11:

Shoulder isn't too bad, been using thai oil, arnica and ice as well as a bit of active recovery.

AM
Warmed up on the stability ball.
Drilled triangle from guard, armbar, kimura, hip bump.
Rolling: still feel loose from my break, shoulder not quite at 100%

Kicking the bag.

Stability ball stuff, ice skaters, GHRs, dragon flags, etc.

Had a lot of fun. Need to step into my jab and rear kick more and better time my uppercuts.

Leg was DONE, so I went home before grappling.

Last edited:
3/10/11:

Sparring: 30 minutes
Working on head movement, maybe focusing on it too much. Went about 80% in the last round.

Shadow wrestling, drilling, handfighting.
Rolling.

Last edited:
Back