News Cédric Doumbé is set to fight for MMA Grand Prix, Dec. 17

Will Doumbé ever sign with the UFC again?

• Total voters
They just wanted him to fight someone who didn't have 4 or more fights over him. Meaning that at 3-0 he'd be able to fight guys with 7 fights and so on.

At 10 fights is where they just let you take on anyone. It's pretty arbitrary since there's more of a gap between someone that's 17-2 facing a guy that's 26-9 compared to Doumbe's 2-0 against Weeks' 5-2.

Weeks had a shitload of ammy fights, I wonder if they took that into account.

Weeks had a shitload of ammy fights, I wonder if they took that into account.
AFAIK they didn't, otherwise they might've bothered to take Doumbe's KB experience into account. It really did boil down to Cedric lacking a 3rd fight, which is silly.

Having said that, that might have been the one fight Darian could've won just due to him possibly wrestling. Then again, Weeks is terrible.

Good knockout win for Doumbe.

Doumbe isn't anywhere near ready to contend in in the shark filled WW division but if the UFC matched him up softly against other pure strikers he could gradually develop into a championship level fighter.

Book him against Blood Diamond on the London card. I feel confident he would win that in spectacular fashion.

Book him against Blood Diamond on the London card. I feel confident he would win that in spectacular fashion.

Hey! I've been campaigning for "Le Meilleur" vs "Blood Diamond" as Doumbé's first UFC fight ever since Mike lost to Wells.

After losing to "Galaxy" Cosce, I'm even more pumped! Sherdoggers pretend they were never on the Diamond Bloodwagon <Waaah>
But his connection to pre-disgrace Adesanya was strong, and even if he lost some Mike is still a relatively big name with flashy stand up

Have him and Cédric bang, and show the world that there are levels to "kickboxing champions"
Eugene Bareman kept claiming that Mike had more than a 100 pro kickboxing fight, and only one loss. <LikeReally5> (according to the GLORY website, he has at least 14 losses in kickboxing)

Orion Cosce, who's more of a ground guy, was more than able to hold him own on the feet against him though

Perfect match up for Cédric "LE MEILLEUR" Doumbé <{JustBleed}>
May the best man win via brutal KO followed by a callout to any WW with suspect ground game.
That might be the kind of "fun fight" Wonderboy Thompson was alluding too back then <TheWire1>

Hey! I've been campaigning for "Le Meilleur" vs "Blood Diamond" as Doumbé's first UFC fight ever since Mike lost to Wells.

After losing to "Galaxy" Cosce, I'm even more pumped! Sherdoggers pretend they were never on the Diamond Bloodwagon <Waaah>
But his connection to pre-disgrace Adesanya was strong, and even if he lost some Mike is still a relatively big name with flashy stand up

Have him and Cédric bang, and show the world that there are levels to "kickboxing champions"
Eugene Bareman kept claiming that Mike had more than a 100 pro kickboxing fight, and only one loss. <LikeReally5> (according to the GLORY website, he has at least 14 losses in kickboxing)

Orion Cosce, who's more of a ground guy, was more than able to hold him own on the feet against him though

Perfect match up for Cédric "LE MEILLEUR" Doumbé <{JustBleed}>
May the best man win via brutal KO followed by a callout to any WW with suspect ground game.
That might be the kind of "fun fight" Wonderboy Thompson was alluding too back then <TheWire1>
Excellent!
I remember you campaigning for that fight / having a conversation with you about that potential matchup a few months ago bud.
Let’s book it for the London card like @UFCIsNOTRigged suggested

Back