News Cédric Doumbé is set to fight for MMA Grand Prix, Dec. 17

Will Doumbé ever sign with the UFC again?

• Total voters

BoxerMaurits

The Dutchman
Platinum Member
Reaction score

Doumbé is scheduled to fight against Florent Burillon

Last edited:
So is his KSW debut for KSW 79 still on?

I dont know. If it was just an issue of an opponent why wouldnt you either get a new one or wait for a new card? Fact they released him I dont know, maybe something else behind the scenes. Wanted more money, was being difficult about not wanting to fight etc.

So who knows. I could see him getting a few fights and then if things didnt end badly with UFC signing with them or when Bellator comes back to Paris signing with them.

I dont know. If it was just an issue of an opponent why wouldnt you either get a new one or wait for a new card? Fact they released him I dont know, maybe something else behind the scenes. Wanted more money, was being difficult about not wanting to fight etc.

So who knows. I could see him getting a few fights and then if things didnt end badly with UFC signing with them or when Bellator comes back to Paris signing with them.
Thank fucking god Mansour is signed so we don’t have to deal with more Kongo main events

Yeah the French commission prevented Doumbé from making his UFC debut in France.
MMA only became legal in France this year, but they still have some special rules for the sport.
According to their rules, someone <10 pro MMA bouts can’t fight someone with more than 4 MMA bouts than he got himself. When someone has 10 or more fights he can fight whoever he wants to fight. I will explain to you how it works below:

The originally scheduled Cédric Doumbé - Darian Weeks fight is off because Doumbé is an Elite 2 fighter in France (<10 fights, someone with 10 fights or more is an Elite 1 fighter), which means he can only fight against someone with no more than 6 MMA fights, since Doumbé has a MMA-record of 2-0.
Weeks got 7 fights, so the fight is not allowed to take place.

Weeks ‘only’ has 7 pro bouts (his amateur MMA-career not included). Doumbé got 2 MMA fights, but is a very experienced kickboxer.
Imo there should be no issues sanctioning this fight, unfortunately I’m not the French sanctioning body…

I agree that it’s a good rule to prevent guys from padding their records, but there should be exceptions for guys like Doumbé, Pereira, etc. who are very experienced/accomplished in other combat sports.
For example:
5-1 Alex Pereira KO’d 25-3 Sean Strickland inside 3 minutes despite a huge gap in ‘MMA’ experience.

I really don’t know why the UFC didn’t reschedule that fight outside of France or gave Doumbé another opponent. He’s quite a big draw and they potentially could build him up to a contender.
Instead they decided to cut that Glory Kickboxing bum…

Yeah the French commission prevented Doumbé from making his UFC debut in France.
MMA only became legal in France this year, but they still have some special rules for the sport.
According to their rules, someone <10 pro MMA bouts can’t fight someone with more than 4 MMA bouts than he got himself. When someone has 10 or more fights he can fight whoever he wants to fight. I will explain to you how it works below:

The originally scheduled Cédric Doumbé - Darian Weeks fight is off because Doumbé is an Elite 2 fighter in France (<10 fights, someone with 10 fights or more is an Elite 1 fighter), which means he can only fight against someone with no more than 6 MMA fights, since Doumbé has a MMA-record of 2-0.
Weeks got 7 fights, so the fight is not allowed to take place.

Weeks ‘only’ has 7 pro bouts (his amateur MMA-career not included). Doumbé got 2 MMA fights, but is a very experienced kickboxer.
Imo there should be no issues sanctioning this fight, unfortunately I’m not the French sanctioning body…

I agree that it’s a good rule to prevent guys from padding their records, but there should be exceptions for guys like Doumbé, Pereira, etc. who are very experienced/accomplished in other combat sports.
For example:
5-1 Alex Pereira KO’d 25-3 Sean Strickland inside 3 minutes despite a huge gap in ‘MMA’ experience.

I really don’t know why the UFC didn’t reschedule that fight outside of France or gave Doumbé another opponent. He’s quite a big draw and they potentially could build him up to a contender.
Instead they decided to cut that Glory Kickboxing bum…
My guess could be that the french commission wouldn't be too keen on them going elsewhere to bypass them in regards to a fighter they want to break into the french market.

If it were anyone else they wouldn't care, but if they somehow got Cedric blacklisted from ever being sanctioned for french events, then that's one star they can't use for a targeted demographic.

That or Doumbe wants his UFC debut to be in France.

My guess could be that the french commission wouldn't be too keen on them going elsewhere to bypass them in regards to a fighter they want to break into the french market.

If it were anyone else they wouldn't care, but if they somehow got Cedric blacklisted from ever being sanctioned for french events, then that's one star they can't use for a targeted demographic.

That or Doumbe wants his UFC debut to be in France.
Time will tell

So basically he just padding his record until he go full time with the UFC proper. I imagine they will have him do some regional fights and then have him go on the Contender Series probably twice like they did with Bo Nikal

So basically he just padding his record until he go full time with the UFC proper. I imagine they will have him do some regional fights and then have him go on the Contender Series probably twice like they did with Bo Nikal
I reckon they'll just bring him up for the next France card altogether, and skip the Contender series nonsense.

He was already scheduled for a debut before the French commission got mad about numbers, so they're just having him crush some cans to appease them. Hell, they might just bring him back after this fight, since I'm pretty sure Pete Rodriguez has similar enough experience for the French comission to let that fight happen.

I reckon they'll just bring him up for the next France card altogether, and skip the Contender series nonsense.

He was already scheduled for a debut before the French commission got mad about numbers, so they're just having him crush some cans to appease them. Hell, they might just bring him back after this fight, since I'm pretty sure Pete Rodriguez has similar enough experience for the French comission to let that fight happen.

I guess that makes sense but didn't the French Commission want him to have like 10 fights or something first

I guess that makes sense but didn't the French Commission want him to have like 10 fights or something first
They just wanted him to fight someone who didn't have 4 or more fights over him. Meaning that at 3-0 he'd be able to fight guys with 7 fights and so on.

At 10 fights is where they just let you take on anyone. It's pretty arbitrary since there's more of a gap between someone that's 17-2 facing a guy that's 26-9 compared to Doumbe's 2-0 against Weeks' 5-2.

Back