By what logic is the fight result a no-contest?

7j7

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
In light of the Silva ruling, with the result of the Diaz fight being a no-contest, what possible reasoning is there for the outcome of the fight not now a win for Diaz? It makes no sense to me. On top of Diaz not getting a win, I assume Silva does not get a loss. Unless I'm missing something, I think this needs to be reevaluated.

I don't think guys ever get a loss for failing a drug test. If they won the fight but get busted it gets turned into a NC. It wouldn't make sense to give the other guy a win. If he got KTFO in the fight there is no way to turn that into a win even if the other guy did fail a test.

Why would he get a win for losing the fight?

you think nick deserves a win because??

By what logic did Diaz, a guy who also tested positive for a banned substance and still didn't win on fight night, get a win over Anderson? NC means fight never happened, didn't count. That seems to be the way it should be.

I was going to answer you TS but it seems everyone else already did.

Looks like I have not been keeping up with the news enough. I didn't realize Diaz failed a drug test for pot. Not a PED (one could argue a PDD instead) but I guess it doesn't matter.

But, If Diaz had not failed, would he have been given the win and Silva given the loss?

But, If Diaz had not failed, would he have been given the win and Silva given the loss?

No. You can no more argue a guy would have won then you could argue a guy would have lost. It's always a NC.

In light of the Silva ruling, with the result of the Diaz fight being a no-contest, what possible reasoning is there for the outcome of the fight not now a win for Diaz? It makes no sense to me. On top of Diaz not getting a win, I assume Silva does not get a loss. Unless I'm missing something, I think this needs to be reevaluated.
Because Diaz also failed the test.

I don't think guys ever get a loss for failing a drug test. If they won the fight but get busted it gets turned into a NC. It wouldn't make sense to give the other guy a win. If he got KTFO in the fight there is no way to turn that into a win even if the other guy did fail a test.

If the other guy is using PEDs then they are cheating to gain an advantage. The guy who doesn't cheat wins by default. However, in this case they both cheated.

Don't the new rules that just got proposed and approved give winning fighters a loss for testing positive? Or am I making that up.

You shouldn't get a win if you get your butt kicked and your opponent fails the test after that.

Back