Buying Winning boxing gears from Koubudo Rakuten

Just a quick bump with my experience so far:

- I paid for 2 pairs of standard MS-600-B gloves and CM-10 mitts on March 9th.
- With no updates or shipping info, I inquired about my gear on March 17th.
- I was told that the Blue MS-600-B were not in stock, and they would ship at the end of next week (around March 26th).
- I told them the only reason I bought from them and not America-Ya is that the gear was in-stock and I was disappointed.
- Eventually, they agreed to ship my mitts and the other pair of gloves now and send the last pair when they arrive.

Huge bummer as I really need this gear. I likely won't be using them in the future and will continue to use America-Ya. I understand the language barrier, but if you list gear in stock and it's on back order for 3 weeks, you should tell your buyer after they've paid. Just my 2 cents.

Had a similar experience, bought a Winning groin guard (high cut type) and was told it wasn't in stock, luckily I hadn't transferred any money by then so I just left it.

How long does it take from order to delivery? Ive ordered 2 pairs and ive been told 5-6 weeks. Is this standard?

The first part of my order came in yesterday, and with exception of the issue with stock/out of stock, I'm happy with everything from Koubudo.

As an aside, I think I hate the CM-10's haha! I knew they would be small, but they are straight up micro mitts. Also, the finger spacing is odd (though they will likely be better when broken in). Also, I have tiny hands and they fit ok, but if you even have just slightly larger than average size hands, there is a ZERO percent chance of you fitting into these.

Hi 86,

I ordered 3x from Koubudo over the last 1.5 years and was charged full customs fees twice as Koubudo puts the value on the the shipping form.

The third time there was a much lower value noted on the form (I did not request this, don't know why they did it) so the custom fees were also much lower.

Kind rgds,
RG

RGAmsterdam do you mind me asking you how much the customs fee was? I ordered a custom pair of embroidered MS-500's the total was $256. Just curious as to what i will be looking top pay if i get hit with it. Also how long was the delay when it got to customs? Im already having to wait until June to get my gloves from what they tell me i'd hate to have an additional delay. Thanks

Hey guys i am just wondering if American-ya or Koubudo still help you out with the import fees? I would be ordering to Canada and import fees are pretty costly here.. From what i have read up on here at the forums is that American-ya does, but no update on Koubudo, thanks!

Hey guys i am just wondering if American-ya or Koubudo still help you out with the import fees? I would be ordering to Canada and import fees are pretty costly here.. From what i have read up on here at the forums is that American-ya does, but no update on Koubudo, thanks!

It can be a hit or miss with those fees, but yeah Koubudo will help out. Ordered 3 things from there in the past year for myself and friends (above $200 each time) and didn't get charged a thing on delivery. Might have just been lucky, though

Hi Alvarez8806,

Customs fees are about 25% of the purchase value when fully charged. Normally shipping takes about 10 days to the Netherlands including the customs delay.

Kind rgds,
RG

Anyone know how long it takes to put text on Winning gear? Does it take weeks?

Anyone know how long it takes to put text on Winning gear? Does it take weeks?

I ordered from Koubudo on April 2nd, 2015 and they told me first 10 days of June for my gloves to be embroidered. Ive heard screen printing does not take as long.

I'm in the U.S. And I received my shipping confirmation 3 days ago. I've been checking the tracking number they gave me but I see no movement? Does anyone know who delivers the shipment once it is in the U.S.? FedEx? UPS? DHL? USPS? Lol please excuse me if I seem impatient just really anxious to have my gloves!

I'm in the U.S. And I received my shipping confirmation 3 days ago. I've been checking the tracking number they gave me but I see no movement? Does anyone know who delivers the shipment once it is in the U.S.? FedEx? UPS? DHL? USPS? Lol please excuse me if I seem impatient just really anxious to have my gloves!

USPS does. The shipping is very good.

USPS does. The shipping is very good.

Of course I must be the only one to experience any delay. I've heard nothing but good things about Koubudo shipping. My tracking says the shipment hasn't moved since late Tuesday night Japan time lol!!

Did you recieve your Gloves mate ?

No not yet I see movement in the tracking now and it's in the states, but I'm hoping it will deliver either today or tomorrow.... Needless to say my days are dragging on. Can't wait to try on my first pair of Winnings! I also have some custom embroidered MS-500's coming in June but I couldn't wait so I bought a pair of MS-300's to use for bag work

my shipment shows to be Inbound into customs at ISC CHICAGO IL (USPS) and im reading on this place and im hearing lots of horror stories or some people not receiving their stuff for months if even at all. Most are saying this is the worst USPS station in the nation lol. Im really hoping this is not the case because i have another winning shipment that will be shipping soon as well

6 weeks and no update on my order. Come on rakuten!

my current situation exactly. Hopefully They've recieved my order as I've yet to get a single email reply in the five or so emails I've sent to them regarding this. Thinking of just placing the same order with koubudo now.

It's not Rakuten, it's the sellers on Rakuten.

Winning has by far the worst customer service ever. They just don't care. A friend of mine told me that it was probably cultural differences. Customer service is viewed differently in Japan. An example would be that they frown upon returns. if it's a manufacturer defect that's ok, but they aren't as forgiving like we are in the US. This isn't a personal diatribe against Japanese business practices, but rather my experience combined with a buddy's knowledge who happened to live in Japan at one point.

There's are many instances of me sending questions with zero response. Then once I place an order while hoping for the best, I get an immediate email discussing a wait time and such. I'm going through this right now as a matter of fact. I am trying to by their F-85 boxing shorts for my fights and I can't get a simple answer on how much play room the Medium has to fit a cup under. That is all I want to know!! Then I'll buy it. I've emailed from 2 Different emails, had a buddy email them and my ex as well!!! I just want to pay them and get it over with, but the shorts are 75$. I'm wondering if Mayweather and Pacquiao get the same shy service and if not then that says a lot about classism in Japanese culture, which if you read up on is apparently a huge problem. My issue is that if you are going to sell a product to a different culture you should accommodate and adjust practices to that culture. That shows respect. It should not be the other way around. I even learned a few polite Japanese phrases like how to properly introduce myself and respectfully show gratitude. This is how I feel one culture should treat another, being respectful.

One time I emailed Kazumichi for 2 weeks straight. I call him up and manage to catch him. He asks me if I'm the one sending those emails. I'm think to myself 'what the f*ck??!'. If he saw the email why the hell didn't he just respond??!! It's so infuriating considering my part time is customer service and I bend over backwards to please my customers because they DESERVE it for spending their money.

I really hope Winning goes under some day. Nothing would please me more.

Having said that, winning is the best gear I've ever used. end rant.

Edit: Koubudo has been the most responsive our of them, then Mitani, but I got on his good side when I did a large order for a Tampa boxing gym). Going to try Sports Plaza and Shape Shop some time and see how they respond.

Last edited:
Back