Buying Things is Annoying

MarcoW

Bojacked Horsehungman
@Brown
Reaction score
You know if you have 2.5 million dollars you can make 50k a month for the rest of your life.
And yet we are constantly tricked into spending loads of money on constant useless crap so we can never reach this point.

What is the last renovation you did to your house?
Did you REALLY need that marble countertop, or gas fireplace?

You bought a fancy car. Are you a racer? Why did you buy a 60,000 car when you could have bought one for 10k that would last as long and serve its purpose just as good?

You spent 500,000 on a house when a neighbourhood down the same house was only 300k for a slight less amount of floor space. Do you need that damned 50 cubic feet?

Do I need freaking mcdonalds and tim hortons and all this stupid crap?
You spend up to $500 less per month if you never eat out or do fast food.

And you'll say: I want to have fun.
Fair.
It is, fair. We only live so long.

I say assess what you need and what you don't. You don't need to go out to dinner/the bar/blah every week.

Thats just my opinion.

I make crappy money now though.
I hope when I make bank I don't lose my way and start spending like all the dorks who make 300k and spend 299k every year.

Someone just had a financial "I drank what", moment. Probably with a handle of something.

dear-diary.gif

I was going to come in here and complain about how much of a pain in the ass it is to buy things..wrong place I guess.

with that said, I just bought some pants last night. I hope they fit the way I like them to, I hate buying clothes online.

I was going to come in here and complain about how much of a pain in the ass it is to buy things..wrong place I guess.

with that said, I just bought some pants last night. I hope they fit the way I like them to, I hate buying clothes online.
it's summer, wear shorts.
they're cheaper.

the pants are for work, went with a different brand than what I normally buy. should've just kept going with what works.

on the eating out, yeah I agree with you on that part. the amount I spend on fast food/restaurants is insane, I've been cutting back though.

Now I want Tim Hortons. Maybe an iced hot chocolate, that shits slammin.

Good thread bro, thanks

You really, really sound poor.

Sorry, couldn't resist that one. Consumer culture certainly makes us do stupid things.

I see people remodeling all of the time having to update their kitchen. Sometimes it's because one appliance fails and they can't get one to match. It's why manufacturers constantly change the colors. My parents built a house in 1969 and installed stainless steel appliances. When the oven controls failed and replacements were no longer available, they bought white appliances. Ten years later stainless steel was back in style.

After they died and I put the house up for sale, the realtor was saying the kitchen and bathrooms should be remodeled. Replace the carpet or put in hardwood floors. I asked him why I should spend $40,000 to get $35,000 more for it. Of course he would make more because he worked off a percentage of the sale price.

Whoever buys the house might want something different than I installed. Let the new owners redecorate to their own taste in their own time. It turned out that a young couple bought it. They have young children and thought the carpet would be fine until the kids got older. The wife liked the kitchen because it wasn't an open concept like most houses have now.

I hate cashiers with their fake smiles and that bullshit hi hru yeah right u phony u say that to everyone I two faced liar trying to be nice wtf is your problem

If nobody bought shit, you're gonna have a hard time making 2.5 million. That's economics.

I see people remodeling all of the time having to update their kitchen. Sometimes it's because one appliance fails and they can't get one to match. It's why manufacturers constantly change the colors. My parents built a house in 1969 and installed stainless steel appliances. When the oven controls failed and replacements were no longer available, they bought white appliances. Ten years later stainless steel was back in style.

After they died and I put the house up for sale, the realtor was saying the kitchen and bathrooms should be remodeled. Replace the carpet or put in hardwood floors. I asked him why I should spend $40,000 to get $35,000 more for it. Of course he would make more because he worked off a percentage of the sale price.

Whoever buys the house might want something different than I installed. Let the new owners redecorate to their own taste in their own time. It turned out that a young couple bought it. They have young children and thought the carpet would be fine until the kids got older. The wife liked the kitchen because it wasn't an open concept like most houses have now.

It really depends on the market. Prices here in Toronto are ridiculous so if you dropped $40k on a new kitchen and hardwood floors you'd easily make $60-80k back because the market expects those things and people are willing to pay for it. It becomes more a question of do you want to put in the time and effort to do the renovations (which might take months) or just sell the house and get it out of your hair. It depends on the market though.

You are right though about the realtor wanting to do everything to sell for as much as possible. Even the best realtors can be a bit shady in that sense

Tim Hortons is necessary you traitorous scum. You should be banished from Canada immediately and fed starbucks till you puke

Back