"Buying the judges"

Considering there have been some whacky decisions, I wouldn't be surprised if it works. But yeah I don't get it.

The only round it even has the possibility of impacting is the third since the other 2 are already scored. However the judges score for the third round should already be clear in their mind as the bell rings so hopefully they are writing their score and not looking at the guys with their hands up.

It works largely because it is corrupt. We have no idea what the scores are after each round. It's possible for the judge to go back and change it.

If scorecards started turning up with previous round scores crossed out and awarded to the other fighter, I might take this tactic more seriously.

To those saying it could work only for the final round I'd like to point out that there are fighters lifting their hands in celebretion after every single round.

The question remains though, whether it works at all.

Greg Jackson brought this to MMA, also the godfather of Point Fighting, Grease-Gate, Go Get some Fans Jon Jones....Cocoa-Mo Jones....and a plethora of others not mentioned here.

Some feel he truly is ...the Yellow Bastard from SinCity.

1comicbaddies-gal-bastard.jpg

What a stupid thing to say.

I don't know why the other guy doesn't do it. Usually he sits there dejected and then his corner has to tell him to do it too.

Usually the man who raises his hands first and looks most enthusiastic gets the decision.

Boxers have been doing it for as long as I can remember. Greg Jackson? Come on now.

Back