Buying stuff for the sake of buying stuff?

I have a really bad habit of buying video games when they're on sale enough though I know that probably won't get around to playing them for months. Sony just announced their holiday sale for the Playstation Store and I'm considering buying 5 or 6 games even though I have about 30-40 wrapped games and my 320 GB PS3 is almost full from games I haven't played.

I'm up to about 6 cases for my iPod, no reason for it. I'm also going to the toy store later to buy a nerf gun but it's because I got a shitty voucher.

I was reading an article recently about people buying stuff they never use. And they were talking about how women often buy clothes that they never wear. I was nodding to myself and thinking "Yeah, that's incredibly stupid how women do that".

And then the article mentioned how probably lots of guys reading this article have about a dozen video games that they have never played. And then I realized I probably have about 60 video games I have never played. Aww crap. Guilty as charged. But you know what? Tomorrow I'm buying myself a Wii and a couple of games.

Yeah I used to do this, I was bored and living in a different town to where I grew up in so didn't have many friends to hang out with.

Moving around a lot made me realise it was a bad habit.

Try doing things instead of buying stuff. Here's a bagel recipe, it is easy and works out really well.

http://www.sophisticatedgourmet.com/2009/10/new-york-style-bagel-recipe/

From my perspective, it's better to collect skills than stuff. Easy to lose on but not so the other.

Just placed an online order for some new Thorogood boots. Now I'm browsing Danners website.

Steam is easy to do this because of all of the great sales. I have Amazon Prime so I've been ordering a lot of books.

Steam is easy to do this because of all of the great sales. I have Amazon Prime so I've been ordering a lot of books.

I've made a pact with myself to not buy any games for myself during this xmas sale.
I'll still buy some for other people, most likely, just to have people I don't hate to play with, but I'm not going to buy anything for my own account.

Of course, this will be much easier to do for this sale since I bought every fucking thing the last 3 :/

I keep buying clothes,colognes,belts,shoes,etc.

Dont wear a lot of them but the thrill seems to be in the choosing and buying in itself.

I used to do this, I like shopping more than my wife. And it seemed like we always had plenty of expendable funds. Then we found out we were having a kid so we stopped buying needless shit...and now it seems like we're broke all the time. We haven't even had the kid yet.

I used to do this, I like shopping more than my wife. And it seemed like we always had plenty of expendable funds. Then we found out we were having a kid so we stopped buying needless shit...and now it seems like we're broke all the time. We haven't even had the kid yet.

LOL.

That's probably because you're already thinking of the kid's future including college. But that's a good thing.

i have amazon prime and i buy a lot of random shit.. in fact.. my automatic espresso machine just arrived..

Back