Buying new smartphone, need advise!

So I have 3 mobiles in mind, not sure which is the best overall. Thanks for the help!

Nokia Lumia 920

HTC EVO 4G LTE 2

Samsung Galaxy S4

I would select the HTC Evo out of your choices.

Who knows when the S4 is coming out? Possibly as early as March or April. If you can wait that long, I'd hold off on buying the other phones. The rumors are an octacore processor, Android 5.0., 5" display.

It depends on what you want. If you invested a lot into the Google system, you may want to stick with Android. I have my music uploaded to Google Play, Google Voice is essential for me. I use Gmail. I also prefer Google maps to other mapping services. Google now on Jelly Bean is a great feature. There are apps that I like in which there are no equivalents on Windows. I think that there are 3rd party apps on Windows Mobile 8 for Google Play, Voice, and Maps, but don't know how they work. There is something about Google not supporting Microsoft exchange mail in the next month or two, so I don't know if that means that the native email app on Windows Mobile 8 will not be able to have gmail setup. You can root an Android, install custom ROMs, side load flash, etc.

The Nokia Lumia 920 is a solid phone. I played around with it at the AT&T store. I like it, but am not quite ready to make the switch to Windows phone yet. Maybe as it matures more.

I was thinking about holding off for an S4, but AT&T has S3's (refurbished) at $29 now, so I ordered one. I was ready to buy a Note 2. I figured that with the $270 I'm saving from not buying a Note 2, or probably estimated $170 for not buying a new S4 (I'm speculating that the S4 will come in at $199), I can buy a lot of goodies (like accessories or a Chromebook eventually). With the current capabilities and me not being a power user, the S3 is enough phone for me.
S4 all the way. I've been waiting for the last 6 months to upgrade when that thing goes on sale.

anybody have a reliable source about the release date of the s4? I was going to jump on the iphone5 but it didnt live up to the hype and wait for me. now im considering the s3 now and people are saying wait for the s4 or iphone 6. will these 2 REALLY be worth the wait cuz im tired of waiting!

anybody have a reliable source about the release date of the s4? I was going to jump on the iphone5 but it didnt live up to the hype and wait for me. now im considering the s3 now and people are saying wait for the s4 or iphone 6. will these 2 REALLY be worth the wait cuz im tired of waiting!

Only rumors

Samsung Lebanon has weighed in too, revealing that it's not coming in the next three months: "The Galaxy SIV won't be released before May 2013," the brand said, rather emphatically - despite some sites carrying news that an anonymous exec was claiming March as the release date and the venue for launch was going to be in the US, UK or South Korea.

http://www.techradar.com/news/phone...laxy-s4-release-date-news-and-rumours-1089523

It's all speculation at this point. There are rumors and a supposed prototype on a youtube video.

Samsung has some upcoming exciting technologies, such as flexible screens. At the CES in Las Vegas last week, Samsung gave a presentation showing hints of what future mobile devices may look like.

Technology moves so fast that if you wait for the S4, there is likely something better just a few months away, such as the Note 3. If there is something on the market that fits your needs, and there's a good deal, you might as well take it. I saw the $30 deal for the S3 on AT&T, and though it may not be #1 on my list, it is a great deal and I bit.

Some people will buy the latest phone and sell it a few months later, then buy the next latest to keep up with the latest gadgets. If you have the funds to do so and that's your thing to have the latest and greatest, go for it.

I'd take S4.

Just bought the Note 2 on Saturday. It's unbelievably fast, has a really large, nice screen, and some awesome features. The S-Pen is just so so, but I can see uses for it.

I will probably hack it soon to be able to put my own apps on the dual tab feature.

Does anyone have a recommendation between the Galaxy S3 vs. the Nexus 4.

If it helps I have a nexus 7 tablet.

I just got a Samsung S Ativ Windows Phone 8, very happy with it.

Does anyone have a recommendation between the Galaxy S3 vs. the Nexus 4.

If it helps I have a nexus 7 tablet.

It depends on what you want. The Nexus 4 will get Google updates (the latest OS) much more quickly than the Galaxy. The build quality looks better on the Nexus than the Galaxy, although I haven't personally tried out the Nexus. Of course, the Nexus has a better processor, and may be better if you game on your phone. Also, you have the wireless charging capability (personally, it's not important to me). However, it lacks 4G LTE, if that is important to you. I've read that there may be someway to activate LTE. Also, if you don't want to be locked into a contract, the Nexus with a prepaid contract like T-mobile's $30 plan or Straight Talk is a good way to go. Also on the negative side for some users is the lack of microSD card expansion and inability to change batteries. If you want to store a lot of media (music, videos, ebooks, etc), the Nexus may be limiting.

I have an S3, which I purchased about 3 weeks ago. So far, I enjoy it. I like the larger screen, coming from an iphone 3G. It's much faster than my previous phone. I know it's not the latest or greatest. It has a lot of great features. I'm not a power user, and it does the job for me. When I'm at home, I definitely prefer using my desktop over my phone to email, text, watch videos, etc.

Had the 4's been in stock, I may have considered one. At the time I bought the phone, the Nexus 4's were out of stock. I'm on AT&T and am grandfathered in on unlimited data plus I get a 25% discount on services being a Premier member. For me, the cost over a 2 year period is fairly comparable for me to stay on AT&T + cost of S3 and buying an unlocked Nexus and going prepaid with another carrier.

what's wrong with the iphone people !?

I feel like Android owners are way more vocal with their views on phones. I have an iPhone 5 and I'm glad I switched over. Android has come a long way, but it still feels unpolished to me in comparison to iOS. I really don't understand why people say iOS6 is boring. It's hard for me to think of what people want changed with it. The biggest thing that people say for Android phones is that they are more individual with how you can customize them, but most videos I see of various Galaxy phones, and most people I know who have them, barely change any part of the interface. A lot of people are hung up on spec sheets, but the iPhone 5 is still a higher performance gadget than even the quad core S3.

Samsung Galaxy S3 my friend. This phone is awesome man. Whenever i'm bored i end up playing super mario bros or primal rage one emulators. Also when i take long trips i always have an extra battery so i can keep occupied. Which with the IPhone you cannot. Just my opinion man

I'd have to say sony xperia z its water proof :icon_lol: s3's are bricking it 200 days after purchase if yours hasn't you have a good one that in mind i doubt the s4 will have changed alot of the internal hardware

What recommendations can you guys make for a phone? I'm looking for one, but not even anything particularly fancy?

Would you guys even consider getting an iphone 4 for $250? I heard they keep their resale value okay also.

What recommendations can you guys make for a phone? I'm looking for one, but not even anything particularly fancy?

Would you guys even consider getting an iphone 4 for $250? I heard they keep their resale value okay also.

what service you have?

Back