Buying my first gun(s)

leto1776

Sherdog Wet Shaver
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Planning on buying a Beretta 92, as it’s what I’m familiar with from the Air Force. I was also looking at a long gun, either AR or a Ruger mini 14. However, watching a lot of stuff on YouTube lately, instead of a full sized gun, I’m considering a pistol caliber carbine (PCC) instead. I’m buying these for home defense, and I think the idea of having the same caliber and same magazines for both the primary and sideward is a stroke of genius. I’m looking at either a Kel-Tek Sub 2000 adapted for the Beretta mags, or the Beretta CX4 Storm, which is already made by Beretta and uses the same mags as the 92.

Any gun owners? What do you use? Any experience with PCCs?

I have a 9mm High Point carbine. It's great since it shares ammo with my pistol.

It's like $275 and really a fun gun to shoot. Would recommend.

17057-DEFAULT-l.jpg

This is the 9mm HP carbine.

get a shotgun, they cant trace the pellets

*disclaimer to any FBI agents reading this, i am not advocating to crime so suck my dick

either AR or a Ruger mini 14.

If you buy a Mini-14, don't shoot 5.56mm through it. Only shoot .223. While the two look the same, there are subtle differences.

You can shoot .223 in a 5.56mm, but not vice-versa.

My BIL used to shoot 5.56mm through a Mini-14 and kept blowing extractors out of the bolt. He eventually sold the Mini-14 and bought a Daewoo K2.

Beretta 92 is a beautiful piece.

Ive got a 357 magnum revolver and want a lever action carbine in the same caliber. Practicality is holding me back. Already have two rifles, one in 243 Win the other 30-06 Springfield. Both are light years more accurate than 357. Lever action would just be fucking sweet, especially a Henry.

Beretta 92 has been on my list for a while. Haven't had any luck finding a new one when I was ready to buy.

If you buy a Mini-14, don't shoot 5.56mm through it. Only shoot .223. While the two look the same, there are subtle differences.

You can shoot .223 in a 5.56mm, but not vice-versa.

My BIL used to shoot 5.56mm through a Mini-14 and kept blowing extractors out of the bolt. He eventually sold the Mini-14 and bought a Daewoo K2.
I’d love to get a K2, but when you can actually find one on the market, they sell extremely fast.

i love my mossberg shockwave with mini-shells

people were concerned with a pistol grip shottie, but i tried both regular shells and mini-shells

fantastic home defense weapon.

otherwise i have my mp shield 9mm

[QUOTE="Cool Hand Luke, post: 160720852, member: 122390"

people were concerned with a pistol grip shottie, but i tried both regular shells and mini-shells

[/QUOTE]

I have a Vepr12 with folding pistol grip and collapsible stock, It's badass.

The Beretta is good in the sense that you're familiar with it, which is important. I too got my experience with that weapon in the military. I like 9mm and 22 calibers because the ammo is cheap. It is kind of big, which is great for magazine capacity but not the post portable. It's crazy how expensive they've gotten. I bought mine 10 years ago for $600 new and that was a lot for me. They're 900 and up now, easily.

The laptop gun in perfect dark zero. Not the shockwave. It was garbage.

Don’t buy a beretta. Their overpriced super mediocre firearms.

I like the PCC idea, honestly. And I think the entire market is going to start shifting toward PCCs. They’re kind of the “do-it-all” firearms.

I’m not sure of your budget. But the 3 I would look at are the CZ Scorpion, PSA AKV, and the Sig MPX.

Back