Buying Dumbells for random home exercises? Good idea?

BeRGLeZ

Ramenbowl
@purple
Reaction score
Well.. I'm thinking of getting some dumbells just to do short, random workouts that don't really warrant me going all the way to the gym.
I'm thinking I could do some rotator cuff work and implement Tabata (?) thrusters into my weekly training, just as a cardio kind of resistance training.. or even a version of the grapplers workout (ala Randy Couture's program). I've heard good things about Tabata thrusters, and I'd feel pretty weird doing them in the gym.

The benefit would be that I could just do them whenever I feel like it in my own home I guess. Dumbells take up relatively little space, so I can easily hide them away in my apartment too.

Plus, I could do curls :icon_twis:rolleyes:

What are your thoughts on this Sherdog S&P pplz? Would it be a waste of money?? - I can order a 100KG (220lbs) Dumbell weight set for $280 AUS including delivery.

Cheers!

What are your thoughts on this Sherdog S&P pplz? Would it be a waste of money?? - I can order a 100KG (220lbs) Dumbell weight set for $280 AUS including delivery.

Jeeeeezuz. That's a biiiiig dumbell set.

How many pairs of dumbbells add up to the 100kg?

Well.. I go to the gym 3 or so times a week, so I'm wondering if this is a valuable investment..

2 dumbells = 100kg.

Well.. I go to the gym 3 or so times a week, so I'm wondering if this is a valuable investment..

2 dumbells = 100kg.

Are they adjustable? How many thrusters do you think you can do with 50kg dumbbells?

LOL they are adjustable.
That's my question .. would 100kg be worth it, too much, what?
Whilst only a light weight would be needed for thrusters, I thought that maybe it's worth it to get the extra poundage to do other exercises.

100kg worth of adjustable dumbbells for that price is a good deal provided that you actually use them.

Well whats the point in buying 100kg of weight when you have a gym membership?

I think it'd be worth it. You can do pistols, 1 arm rows, snatches, swings, etc.

$280 is a bit much if you alrerady pay for gym membership.

Just stalk ebay a bit and find something cheap.

Well.. I'm thinking of getting some dumbells just to do short, random workouts that don't really warrant me going all the way to the gym.
I'm thinking I could do some rotator cuff work and implement Tabata (?) thrusters into my weekly training, just as a cardio kind of resistance training.. or even a version of the grapplers workout (ala Randy Couture's program). I've heard good things about Tabata thrusters, and I'd feel pretty weird doing them in the gym.

The benefit would be that I could just do them whenever I feel like it in my own home I guess. Dumbells take up relatively little space, so I can easily hide them away in my apartment too.

Plus, I could do curls :icon_twis:rolleyes:

Cheers!

Get some kettlebells.

Back