Buying bulk gi's

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment Discussion' started by Lemniscate, May 24, 2014.

1. Lemniscate

Lemniscate White Belt

Looking on alibaba at bjj gi's, I was thinking that if someone trains BJJ extensively, wouldn't it be worth while to buy like 10 gi's off a company for like $40 ea. I've never heard of doing this. Or starting up a Gi company with your own designs and shit and sell gi's for a cheap price of $100. It'd be a $60 profit. Thoughts?

2. Championstuff

Championstuff Brown Belt Platinum Member

I have known three people that started gi companies that are no longer selling gis. It is a totally over saturated market right now.

But you might find success. Even the most popular brands had to start somewhere

3. Fightshopca

Fightshopca Orange Belt

The GI business is tough. If you want to do this as a business fine but if you just wanna do it to save money on a few GI's it won't be worth it. We get approaches by new GI companies daily. No idea how many will still be on business a year from now.