Buying a gi over the internet

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment Discussion' started by jackstraw424, Sep 6, 2010.

1. jackstraw424

jackstraw424 White Belt

This prolly isnt the place for this but you guys know what your talking about and I alwasy seem to get good answers here so hopefully you can help me out.

K so I was talkin to a guy on here that has a gi I wanna buy and were looking for a "middle-man" type company that can varify that the item and the money are both on there way so no one gets ripped off or anything.

2. Either trust each other or buy from a dealer.
    I've done a lot of these and haven't been ripped off.
    I always use paypal

3. ohmalley

ohmalley Blue Belt

you could also have him post it on ebay and then you buy it. short of that, i think paypal is the way to go.

4. jackstraw424

jackstraw424 White Belt

Does paypal assure that the item is coming along with the money? As far as I knew it was just a money transfer thing, but Ive never used it before.

5. Paypal and ebay don't really protect you.
    There are escrow companies that do this for a fee but it is for high ticket items.

Don't buy from people that PM you from out of the blue...or if they have new accounts...or are from sketchy locations...