Social Buying a $100+ “wallet”...Change My Mind.

Thinking of buying this Ridge wallet...apparently it’s all the rave amongst Millennials and teh gheys...not teh ghey, btw...but, technically a Millenial.

Looks pretty solid, but I’m still scratching my head over a “wallet“ comprised of screws, metal/plastic plates, stretchy bands...

Ridge Wallet

I guess with Father’s Day coming up, I’d like to treat myself to something “cool” and/or “hip”.

Been rocking a DASH minimalist wallet for a couple of years now...only $20, still in great condition, and gets the job done...

DASH Wallet

I’m not one of these pretentious anuses who carry 57 pieces of plastic in their wallets, so a minimalist wallet suits me perfectly. All I carry are my debit card, credit card, Costco card, and a few bucks in cash.

So, let me know what you nerds think, thanks.

I've had a grey and black Louis Vuitton wallet that I really love. Great quality, discreet.

Too small for me and no place to carry a condom.

You should get it monogrammed/personalised.

I have this, and I’ve had it for 2 years now and hasn’t shown any sign of ageing.

It is in perfect condition and is used daily.
upload_2020-5-31_21-58-56.jpeg

Get yourself a Ledger hardware wallet for $50 when they are on sale and whack $50 worth of Bitcoin into it. Will serve you better in the years to come.

Funny, I was looking at those last night.

Since nowadays it seems no one takes actual physical money and only want you to pay via cards.

I like those carbon fiber ones. But $200 (almost) is kinda pricey for such a hipster/metro thing.

And they are RFID blocking which may become more of an issue now that physical money is not the norm.

Thinking of buying this Ridge wallet...apparently it’s all the rave amongst Millennials and teh gheys...not teh ghey, btw...but, technically a Millenial.

Looks pretty solid, but I’m still scratching my head over a “wallet“ comprised of screws, metal/plastic plates, stretchy bands...

Ridge Wallet

I guess with Father’s Day coming up, I’d like to treat myself to something “cool” and/or “hip”.

Been rocking a DASH minimalist wallet for a couple of years now...only $20, still in great condition, and gets the job done...

DASH Wallet

I’m not one of these pretentious anuses who carry 57 pieces of plastic in their wallets, so a minimalist wallet suits me perfectly. All I carry are my debit card, credit card, Costco card, and a few bucks in cash.

So, let me know what you nerds think, thanks.

My wife (gf at the time) bought me a ridge wallet when they first came out on Kickstarter. IIRC, that would have been maybe 6 years ago? It’s still my one and only wallet, and has held up fine. The titanium has a bunch of scratches on it obviously, but it’s still 100% functional and shows no signs of retirement yet.
B9CAE922-7B63-45F4-A581-6205330327F6.jpeg
When I was using leather wallets, I was replacing them once a year, maybe every other year. So in that sense, it’s paid for itself already.

get a thick rubber band to carry cash, and spend that $100 on hookers.

any knife that fits in a pocket is a ladies knife. A mans knife is like a fukin sidearm carried on your belt and able to cut thru lumber.

A 175$ wallet.... bruh, you're not paying for the materials. You're paying for name-brand and prestige. Luxury brands love punks who think that price correlates with quality.
Their most expensive “wallet” is $125.

get a thick rubber band to carry cash, and spend that $100 on hookers.

any knife that fits in a pocket is a ladies knife. A mans knife is like a fukin sidearm carried on your belt and able to cut thru lumber.
Hookers are disease-ridden! No thanks!

As for carrying a knife, I carry concealed...a firearm, that is.

My wife (gf at the time) bought me a ridge wallet when they first came out on Kickstarter. IIRC, that would have been maybe 6 years ago? It’s still my one and only wallet, and has held up fine. The titanium has a bunch of scratches on it obviously, but it’s still 100% functional and shows no signs of retirement yet.
View attachment 773095
When I was using leather wallets, I was replacing them once a year, maybe every other year. So in that sense, it’s paid for itself already.
That elastic band is pretty frayed, and you’re missing a screw (on your wallet, not your brain). Also, thanks for the crotch shot, perv!

Looks alright after 6 years, though.

they seem pretty nifty and durable enough to last quite a while. I use a pretty simple Herchel canvas wallet I got from one of my jobs but if I were in the market for something nicer that would be a longer investment I would probably consider one of those. I'm not someone who is against spending a bit more on nicer clothing items and accessories. If you enjoy them and expect to get a lot of use out of it then go for it.

That elastic band is pretty frayed, and you’re missing a screw (on your wallet, not your brain). Also, thanks for the crotch shot, perv!

Looks alright after 6 years, though.
You know you liked it.

To be totally upfront, I had a bunch of the screws fall out after about a year. I emailed them. They had screws sent to me the next day, with a little loc-tite on each one, and a tiny screwdriver. Put the new ones in, only one has fallen out, but the plate hasn’t loosened at all so it hasn’t made a difference.

The elastic has frayed, but it hasn’t lost its elasticity at all. I’m a big fan of this thing, it’s durable as fuck.

Honestly, the only thing I didn’t like, is that it’s actually very effective at blocking RFID. We have RFID key cards to get into my office at work. I used to just keep the card in my leather wallet, and I could tap my wallet on the door sensor and it would open. With the ridge wallet, I have to slide it out of my wallet a bit to get it to read.

My kids and girlfriend got me a dark brown leather wallet that had the face of my old dog Toby, a yellow lab, stamped into it.

They got it from some Amish guy out in Lancaster county, PA. The fucking leather is like 1/8" of an inch thick, almost as thick as my gun belt.

Best wallet I've ever owned.

I no longer carry a wallet, all stuffs I needed are on the phone. Eg Apple Pay, driver license app. For cash, I have cashless withdraw via ATM and emergency cash note wedged inside the phone cover. It's awesome

My kids and girlfriend got me a dark brown leather wallet that had the face of my old dog Toby, a yellow lab, stamped into it.

They got it from some Amish guy out in Lancaster county, PA. The fucking leather is like 1/8" of an inch thick, almost as thick as my gun belt.

Best wallet I've ever owned.
What a great gf! Would’ve immediately taken her on a stroll through Intercourse...

Back