Here is a list of UFC events that went over 1 million

1 7/11/2009 UFC 100: Lesnar vs. Mir 2 1,600,000
2 7/3/2010 UFC 116: Lesnar vs. Carwin 1,160,000
3 12/30/2006 UFC 66: Liddell vs. Ortiz 2 1,050,000
4 5/29/2010 UFC 114: Rampage vs. Evans 1,050,000
5 10/23/2010 UFC 121: Lesnar vs. Velasquez 1,050,000
6 11/15/2008 UFC 91: Couture vs. Lesnar 1,010,000
7 12/27/2008 UFC 92: The Ultimate 2008 1,000,000

UFC 148 did over 900,000, but less than 1 million.

What do you guys think, is this the year they sell a million on a PPV?

Last edited:
Can't think of any good story lines set up that could do such a thing, and a story is needed for a mil.

If they roll out Anderson vs Jones, then sure. If not, it will be difficult.

Anderson vs Georges could do it, too.

Gsp/Diaz with a good undercard could do it IMO

I doubt it. Unless we see GSP/Silva, Overeem/Cain, Rousey/Cyborg and Henderson/Jones on one card in Dallas Stadium.

Can't think of any good story lines set up that could do such a thing, and a story is needed for a mil.

UFC: New York in Madison Square Garden for the UFC's 20th anniversary with Jon Jones on the card might do it.

Only Anderson vs. GSP could do it or Jones vs. Anderson backed with great card.

Buy or Sell: The UFC Sells 1 Millions PPVS On A Card In 2013

ufc100.jpg

Here is a list of UFC events that went over 1 million

1 7/11/2009 UFC 100: Lesnar vs. Mir 2 1,600,000
2 7/3/2010 UFC 116: Lesnar vs. Carwin 1,160,000
3 12/30/2006 UFC 66: Liddell vs. Ortiz 2 1,050,000
4 5/29/2010 UFC 114: Rampage vs. Evans 1,050,000
5 10/23/2010 UFC 121: Lesnar vs. Velasquez 1,050,000
6 11/15/2008 UFC 91: Couture vs. Lesnar 1,010,000
7 12/27/2008 UFC 92: The Ultimate 2008 1,000,000

UFC 148 did over 900,000, but less than 1 million.

What do you guys think, is this the year they sell a million on a PPV?

I don't see it happening..

Voted yes, optimism.

Jones/Sonnen could do that if TUF goes well. Anderson/Sonnen 1 & 2 sold well IIRC, Sonnen is a good salesman and Jones will likely be the next poster boy if he keeps winning in good fashion (how soon, IDK).

GSP's long absence probably hurt the buys a bit vs Condit. I think him fighting again so soon and that he'll fight again in '13 after Diaz will be good for his numbers.

UFC: New York in Madison Square Garden for the UFC's 20th anniversary with Jon Jones on the card might do it.

Word. Especially if he's fighting Anderson.

And Dana's been hinting on Jerry Land in Dallas. If he can stack a card to fill up that place, then I could see a million guys.

Don't the UFC not release the buyrate, it's just Meltzer making up numbers and writing 'according to sources the number was this: ....'

Don't see how the location of the card matters. Every single show that has done over 1mil was in Vegas outside of Lesnar vs. Velasquez. Jones hasn't shown to be that type of draw anyway.

Anyway, I don't see it happening. The 2 fights that I think could do it are Anderson vs. Jones or GSP and those fights are never gonna happen. Perhaps Silva vs. Bisping if promoted right could do blockbuster numbers but I don't see it surpassing what Silva vs. Sonnen 2 did.

well ufc 100 had Lesnar and GSP on one card.

You need

Main event:
Silva vs GSP.
Co ME: Jones vs Overeem
Sonnen vs Rampage wouldn't hurt too

How many did the two Anderson vs Chael fights do?

Voted yes, optimism.

Jones/Sonnen could do that if TUF goes well. Anderson/Sonnen 1 & 2 sold well IIRC, Sonnen is a good salesman and Jones will likely be the next poster boy if he keeps winning in good fashion (how soon, IDK).

GSP's long absence probably hurt the buys a bit vs Condit. I think him fighting again so soon and that he'll fight again in '13 after Diaz will be good for his numbers.

Lol that 4 months between fights is considered "so soon" for GSP and that him fighting a second time in a year is considered some sort of achievement. True facts but a sad reason why the UFC's growth will stagnate because they can't deliver their best products (their champs) frequently enough for their fans.

So no, they aren't likely to hit 1 mil this year because it's hard to imagine the Superfights happening.

Can some people be realistic and look at the OP? Either Brock, Rampage, or Chuck were on those cards. Each card was pretty stacked with multiple stars. All of them are from 2006-2010 and nothing after. GSP-AS, AS-Bones and possibly Bones-Chael have a chacne ONLY if they are Massively Hyped up WITH a stacked card. Then there's a chance to barely get a mil.

Why would any casual fans care what building a PPV of a sport they barely follow is taking place in that night? Bones has already had feuds/fights with the well known & pretty popular Rampage and Rashad. 2 guys all over the list of cards that did a million. If those 2 fights didn't do gigantic numbers anything outside of Bones-Anderson or possibly this Chael fight ain't doing those numbers. And it matters little to not at all where it takes place. If UFC 100 was at MSG or Cowboys stadium it would do the same numbers it did.

Gsp/Diaz with a good undercard could do it IMO

GSP-anyone possibly has a chance with a great undercard. No one in the mainstream knows or cares about Diaz. You will get very few(especially considering his fanbase) people who actually put down their own money because of Nick Diaz. I don't even think he was a top-5 ratings getter when he was in Strikeforce.

If they roll out Anderson vs Jones, then sure. If not, it will be difficult.

Anderson vs Georges could do it, too.

Bones v spider is not selling a mil. People are so unable to see things from a casual fans standpoint for some reason. Anderson doesn't sell unless chael is on the card.

Back