Buy or Sell, Ben Nguyen will beat Tim Elliot

Ben is a great guy! I'll always support him, being a local fighter. I also think he has a decent chance here. I watched that smolka fight live and Ben just burnt out there imo

Yeah he wasn't looking bad in that smolka fight. It was back and forth until like you said he got burnt out. I believe he learned from that fight and he looked good in his next fight.

This is how i see it, Tim might mix it up with some unorthodox striking but i think he's going to mainly try to overwhelm him on the ground

Elliott's takedowns are average. A lot of his takedowns are due to the fact that people try to get a guillotine on him and then he's able to scramble out. Against Mighty Mouse he was able to get him down because of size. It was the same as when Mighty Mouse fought Cruz. He's just helpless against the larger guys that wrestle him.

Massively sell.
Nguyen is far too physically weak. Look at what Smolka did to him, it was like man vs. boy. Then watch the Smolka/Elliott fight.

Nguyens only hope is a sneaky hail mary submission off his back which is never gonna happen against Elliott.

Elliott, submission 2nd round.
I've been waiting for an opportunity to tell you to shut the fuck up, like you did to me, but I always seem to agree with you.

I got Elliot by a landslide. I think Ben's got nothing for him.

This is one bet that I think is a for sure lock, but the odds have Elliot as a big favorite. I thought Ben had a slight chance against Benevidez, but against Elliot Ben has a 70 percent or more of a shot at winning. I see him being very patient and punishing Elliot for his sloppy movement and takedown attempts.

But is anybody with me on this or am I hyping up Ben Nguyen too much. Or does nobody know who he is?
I really hope Ben wins

Love this guy's striking

Smolka weathering that really impressed me, but I feel like Ben10 is only getting better

Elliot's so experienced, and a great scrambler/scrapper, so I'd be betting on him, but

Man, you are some sort of real MMA fan if you know that much about these unknowns. I think the real question here is, wtf are you doing on Sherdog???

Elliott's takedowns are average. A lot of his takedowns are due to the fact that people try to get a guillotine on him and then he's able to scramble out. Against Mighty Mouse he was able to get him down because of size. It was the same as when Mighty Mouse fought Cruz. He's just helpless against the larger guys that wrestle him.
yeah i dont see Tim as a wrestler but hes unorthodox in everything he does and if he wants it on the ground, he'll find a way to get it there, even if its getting dominant position in a scramble, he is so active hes hard to deal with. nguyen better work cardio and be ready to fight every second non-stop, its a tiring pace for them but for the fans i think it'll be a fun fight

I've been waiting for an opportunity to tell you to shut the fuck up, like you did to me, but I always seem to agree with you.

Did I tell you to STFU? Really?

When was that man? I don't remember, I rarely say that kinda shit to people on here?! If ever. Apologies if so, I was probably boozey at the time and don't remember! Please point me in the direction if you can be bothered!

I got Nguyen. Odds are good.

Did I tell you to STFU? Really?

When was that man? I don't remember, I rarely say that kinda shit to people on here?! If ever. Apologies if so, I was probably boozey at the time and don't remember! Please point me in the direction if you can be bothered!
Hey, don't worry about it. I honestly wasnt sure if you were serious, but I know now that you were joking.

I can't remember the thread, but you said "STFU, you can." I replied, asking if you were serious, and you never responded. I like your take on things, so I'm relieved.

Heh, can you imagine? What? We are live? Oh, sell! No! Sell!

This is one bet that I think is a for sure lock, but the odds have Elliot as a big favorite. I thought Ben had a slight chance against Benevidez, but against Elliot Ben has a 70 percent or more of a shot at winning. I see him being very patient and punishing Elliot for his sloppy movement and takedown attempts.

But is anybody with me on this or am I hyping up Ben Nguyen too much. Or does nobody know who he is?

Ben is one of the few male Flyweights that I actually like, but I do think that Elliot might too unorthodox and crafty for him. Ben is talented and has a shot to win though, depends on how good of a game plan his team comes up with.

Sell, Nyugen got absolutely rekt by Smolka, it was embarrassing.

I was definitely eyeing him up as a good dog bet, but i chickened out.

I'm scared he'll get wrassled.

If he can avoid takedowns and scramble well, i think he takes it..

IF

Back