Buy Or Sale Rampage Would Of Beaten Any Other Lhw The Night He fought Jones.

Yung Dilla

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
If rampage would of fought any other lhw for the belt that night not named jon jones would he have won? I ask because i'm just curious lol. He spent a million on training camp, defensively he was there making jones miss, defending take downs before jones even set them up, made him miss his spinning elbows (only one grazed him barley on the top of the head) and the very little offense he had his boxing looked crisp (he just couldn't land) and he threw leg kicks.

So what do you guys think? yay or nay and why

Hard to answer but I agree that he looked as sharp if not sharper than at any other point in his career. He was still taking a lot of leg kicks I seem to recall. Think he later complained that Jones messed up his knees. Seems to be his Achilles heel. Shogun, for example, might have been a hard stylistic march up for him in that respect.

I think you feel something special for Rampage

Sell.

'Rampage' is overrated as hell. He's one dimensional. He has no striking defense. He doesn't wrestle. He doesn't check leg kicks. He has no cardio. He has no top notch wins in forever outside of the Machida robbery. He's beating lesser thans over in Bellator. Bader beat him. Glover beat him. Machida really beat him. Forrest beat him. I mean seriously, c'mon ...

He's just a damn Arona slam highlight and Chuck finish away from being irrelevant.

rampage_30152.gif

Sell, Machida would've beaten him over 5Rds(imo he beat him over 3 as well). Also Rashad. Shogun's a toss-up.

Hahahahahahahah

The only reason some people think Rampage did well was because he survived for so long. He did very little to threaten Jones

Buy........no sell..................wait buy.........I'm not sure.

Love how many people underestimate Rampage now as if he wasn't great back then.

Rampage is just a bad stylistic match-up for Jones. If Rampage were a bit more diverse in his skills, he possibly could have won.

The only reason some people think Rampage did well was because he survived for so long. He did very little to threaten Jones

He did very little because he couldn't find Jones due to the reach difference and speed difference. Still, until the fourth I think he stuffed every takedown and was legit trying to beat the shit out of Jones. Quinton was prepared for that fight but couldn't do much.

sell* have*

And i sell. Ramppage was still good but not the best wev seen him

Sell.

'Rampage' is overrated as hell. He's one dimensional. He has no striking defense. He doesn't wrestle. He doesn't check leg kicks. He has no cardio. He has no top notch wins in forever outside of the Machida robbery. He's beating lesser thans over in Bellator. Bader beat him. Glover beat him. Machida really beat him. Forrest beat him. I mean seriously, c'mon ...

He's just a damn Arona slam highlight and Chuck finish away from being irrelevant.

rampage_30152.gif
No striking defense? He had some of the best striking defense and counter boxing in the division. He knocked out Liddell and wand countering one of their shots.

Back