Butterfly guard pass to back...Caio Terra vid

Huge fan (both of the move and Caio)... you posted some other Caio vid a while ago and I saw this one on his Youtube profile. I immediately tried it that night as I have a bastard purple belt in my gym that tries that butterfly sweep on me all the time and this worked the first go. I have since worked it a little with my instructor and said bastard purple belt (he is a really good friend just generally better than me so I have to hate him) and it seems to be a pretty successful counter to that sweep. Worst case its creating a scramble and best case I am getting back mount.

holly shit... did he used to train with atos?

Huge fan (both of the move and Caio)... you posted some other Caio vid a while ago and I saw this one on his Youtube profile. I immediately tried it that night as I have a bastard purple belt in my gym that tries that butterfly sweep on me all the time and this worked the first go. I have since worked it a little with my instructor and said bastard purple belt (he is a really good friend just generally better than me so I have to hate him) and it seems to be a pretty successful counter to that sweep. Worst case its creating a scramble and best case I am getting back mount.

Cool, did you sign up on the Youtube channel?

I really like those moves that involve controlled rolling and somersaults because I am really bad at them. It is cool to watch someone do them well. Caio is amazing btw, didn't get his black belt in like three years?

Cool move, but this is one that would have to be repped numerous times

Thats awesome. I was talking to Caio at the tournament and told him I liked it. Just to help him promote somewhat, he told me budovideos is going to be working w/ him to make a DVD and he also said he will be adding more vids so everyone support a great BJJ artist.

No, but it looks fancy like a fancy Atos move, right?

Lol I was thinking the same thing. Pretty badass technique. Just curious, does Caio use a lot of techniques that require him to invert? I feel like at the lighter weight classes a lot of guys play that kind of game.

Lol I was thinking the same thing. Pretty badass technique. Just curious, does Caio use a lot of techniques that require him to invert? I feel like at the lighter weight classes a lot of guys play that kind of game.

From what Ive seen he always seems to have an amazing half-guard game.

That is a sweet move - have definitely never seen it, but will put it to use.

Thanks for posting this.

Caio and Samir both have amazing technique. Got a chance to train with them both the day before the pan no gi here in NY.

Fantastic move. Will have to try this tomorrow. Thanks for sharing.

I've been having so much trouble lately against the bfg and this looks like it'd really help.

Great technique thanks for the video. On monday my Professor Barata pulled me aside after class to work this. He said he'd seen Caio do it and we were working on the details. I'll have to show him this video tomorrow

Watched the vid a few times . . . I don't know how successful I'm going to be with it. It seems like my opponent would have to give me enough space to sneak my head in there, but when I get swept like that in training my opponent is usually tight on me.

Watched the vid a few times . . . I don't know how successful I'm going to be with it. It seems like my opponent would have to give me enough space to sneak my head in there, but when I get swept like that in training my opponent is usually tight on me.

Normally you would be fighting against the sweeping direction. This move makes you go in the same direction as the sweep. The space is created when the guy lifts his leg to make the sweep. This is a timing move. You have to initiate at the moment you feel the sweep coming.

Watch how Caio uses his left foot to trap or hook Samir's right leg. Very important...

I'm not very good at this yet...

Back