"But... but physical exercises raise your energy level"

Xoleth

You're only winning if someone is losing.
@Black
Reaction score
I've heard and read this many times
"Physical exercises raise your energy level"

I've started running 2.5 years ago
1-2 times a week, started from 3-4 km and getting to 8-12 km.

Also, went to swimming 1.5 years ago for a few months

A year ago I started going to the gym 3-4 times a week
Mostly free weights and some cables
Maybe too much volume for a beginner, after seeing some full body beginner workouts

Now, during quarantine, I did stuff at home with an adjustable dumbell and with my bodyweight, and also started running a few weeks ago

In all cases, I feel/felt tired after running/swimming/lifting
I didn't feel tired in the gym or very tired during running, but tired after that.
Lack of energy
A lack of desire to do anything (learn something, read something, daily tasks)
Just wanted to sit in bed and sleep or watch something

Yesterday, we went to run. Around 6.5 km slower running and some sprints at the end on some stairs.
We both felt good after finishing, but tired after. And we were thinking "Why the hell do they say exercise increases your energy level"

Mentions:
- not overweight
- a somwhat decent nutrition (vegetables, fruits, meats, eggs, ice cream now and then)
- 7 hours sleep

Any advices?
Any experiences?
Do you feel better after working out?

Quit all that exercise shit and get a Big Mac everyday..report back in two months..

You are correct in a sense

When i was an ammy fighter i was dead most of the time during the week not counting saturday and sunday

Working construction probably didnt help lol

I did that also for a short period.
Yeah, that was strenuous and I could sleep a lot more at night.

But still you did MMA and construction, that's extremelly challenging.
I am talking about running for one hour or less or lifting weights for one hour, which is not intense.

I did that also for a short period.
Yeah, that was strenuous and I could sleep a lot more at night.

But still you did MMA and construction, that's extremelly challenging.
I am talking about running for one hour or less or lifting weights for one hour, which is not intense.

More about making it a habit really

I would look at your diet. I notice a lot of people think they are eating healthy but then when I heard what they eat it's either not that much food or it's not healthy. Also not just are you eating healthy are you eating enough food? Getting enough carbs for all that activity?

When I started training real hard I was eating healthy but my energy was always weak. It's cause I wasn't eating enough food I found out. I've always been horrible when it comes to eating enough food. I get full quickly and frankly I just don't really like eating.

Last edited:
I would look at your diet. I notice a lot of people think they are eating healthy but then when I heard what they eat it's either not that much food or it's not healthy. Also not just are you eating healthy are you eating enough food? Getting enough carbs for all that activity?

When I started training real hard I was eating healthy but my energy was always weak. It's cause I wasn't eating enough good I found out. I've always been horrible when it comes to eating enough food. I get full quickly and frankly I just don't really like eating.

If I eat more I get fat.
I'm the opposite, I like eating.
It's not the healthiest diet, I eat ice cream and cake, but mostly it's decent, compared with what I've seen on others.
I am not tracking calories, but I am not losing weight and I am not gaining weight.
I am 182 lbs and 6 feet.

I've noticed when I lifted that nutrition matters a lot... especially the meal before lifting and If I didn't ate enough I wasn't feeling well.

Working construction probably didnt help lol

At the time I was either a University student or in a low level first time job to supplement the fight training.

Regardless I was pulling 20 hours a week training (5-6 skill sessions, a few cardio sessions, 2-3 weight sessions) and 20-30 hours a week doing other stuff.

Back when I was in my 20's and single. That said, I was too tired to do anything else.

At the time I was either a University student or in a low level first time job to supplement the fight training.

Regardless I was pulling 20 hours a week training (5-6 skill sessions, a few cardio sessions, 2-3 weight sessions) and 20-30 hours a week doing other stuff.

Back when I was in my 20's and single. That said, I was too tired to do anything else.

Yeah for me it was running in morning

Work during day, skill training at evening

And rogan podcast by nights

Was fun while lasted

Yeah for me it was running in morning

Work during day, skill training at evening

And rogan podcast by nights

Was fun while lasted

Weights in the AM for me, uni or work from 0800/0900-1600 and training 1900/2000 until 2100/2200 and cardio afterwards (usually on a Thursday get back, drop off my duffel bag with MT gear and head out for a hard 4 miler).

I think the same reference fun while it lasted edit- I was all about the either heavy metal (slipknot, system of a down...linken park) or audio books (........harry potter in the latter stages circa 2004-2006).

Weights in the AM for me, uni or work from 0800/0900-1600 and training 1900/2000 until 2100/2200 and cardio afterwards (usually on a Thursday get back, drop off my duffel bag with MT gear and head out for a hard 4 miler).

I think the same reference fun while it lasted.

You atleast made it to pros lol

I got massacred in ammys lmao

You atleast made it to pros lol

I got massacred in ammys lmao

1-2 years actual hard graft, 2-3 years pro, but not full time sustainable. I got to 24 / 25 and thought I make a break to make more money in the real world or go full steam for another 10 years and then see whats what.

I really got in to it at 19/20 years old though so reasoned if I started at 16 or 17 I would have had a better shot. I succumbed to reality and bowed out having fought internationally 8 times out of my 14 fights, but even then some where AMMY world champs in Thailand.

Personally I didn't want to be living pay check to pay check in my 30's with a non transferable skill in my mid 30s.

I know of a few people who have done pretty well fight wise, but are maybe a decade younger than me and are motivational coaches and did that from early 20's. Minimal real life experience other then training a lot and punching people in the face.

I've heard and read this many times
"Physical exercises raise your energy level"

I've started running 2.5 years ago
1-2 times a week, started from 3-4 km and getting to 8-12 km.

Also, went to swimming 1.5 years ago for a few months

A year ago I started going to the gym 3-4 times a week
Mostly free weights and some cables
Maybe too much volume for a beginner, after seeing some full body beginner workouts

Now, during quarantine, I did stuff at home with an adjustable dumbell and with my bodyweight, and also started running a few weeks ago

In all cases, I feel/felt tired after running/swimming/lifting
I didn't feel tired in the gym or very tired during running, but tired after that.
Lack of energy
A lack of desire to do anything (learn something, read something, daily tasks)
Just wanted to sit in bed and sleep or watch something

Yesterday, we went to run. Around 6.5 km slower running and some sprints at the end on some stairs.
We both felt good after finishing, but tired after. And we were thinking "Why the hell do they say exercise increases your energy level"

Mentions:
- not overweight
- a somwhat decent nutrition (vegetables, fruits, meats, eggs, ice cream now and then)
- 7 hours sleep

Any advices?
Any experiences?
Do you feel better after working out?
1-2 years actual hard graft, 2-3 years pro, but not full time sustainable. I got to 24 / 25 and thought I make a break to make more money in the real world or go full steam for another 10 years and then see whats what.

I really got in to it at 19/20 years old though so reasoned if I started at 16 or 17 I would have had a better shot. I succumbed to reality and bowed out having fought internationally 8 times out of my 14 fights, but even then some where AMMY world champs in Thailand.

Personally I didn't want to be living pay check to pay check in my 30's with a non transferable skill in my mid 30s.

I know of a few people who have done pretty well fight wise, but are maybe a decade younger than me and are motivational coaches and did that from early 20's. Minimal real life experience other then training a lot and punching people in the face.

The only time I feel amazing is when I have a week off. The rest of the time it's grind.

I'm absolutely dreading starting work again, my body has totally adapted to the increased rest time of this lockdown. The very idea of going to work right now.... I'm still in bed at 9:30am.

At 41 how much longer can I push? Might have to start considering trt or something extra curricular.

Back