But-but-but-but sherdog told me Marreta beat Jones

Santos himself says he lost

ppl here just hate jones (which is fair tho imo)

Giblert:
"when i watch this fight, jones threw very little punches. He just picked him apart with his leg. Its beautiful to me. Just chopping away with his leg. Patiently. Never going 100% on the energy bar. Just cruising. Making his opponents work."

"as i watch this fight, with two rounds in, i feel like jones has been in control the whole fight. I know its talked about as a competitive fight, but as we watch it again, with no sound, no influence from anyone at the commentating table or the corner or the fans, jones has been in control of the whole fight at 80% effort. just very cerebral"

"There's not very many good moments to be had on Jon Jones, so sometimes when you see some things happen to him, you tend to really want to give his opponent a round."

Cruz:
"yeah, i dont see one round that santos won"

"he kept his ground, but look... his feet are failing"

"we are 4 rounds in and i agree, i dont see a round for santos"

"he barely got punched really"

<BC1>

49-46 Santos. Giblert was a shite fighter and Cruz is an egotystical shit commentator who is constantly sucking off Jones and Conor .

Not saying a single round, you might legitimately have to be mentally incapacitated. Santos dominated the first round, numerically and visually.
Tied for the worst Title Fight Robbery in history with Nunes vs Schevchenko 2.

Last edited:
"His offense is very methodical. His defense is much better than his offence and then he picks you apart slowly once his defense takes you over."

wRdPdCz.gif

You may not like how it looks, but exactly zero of Santos's hits there landed cleanly. Most didn't land at all.

I find it hard to believe that anyone sincerely believes that Santos won that fight.

"His offense is very methodical. His defense is much better than his offence and then he picks you apart slowly once his defense takes you over."

wRdPdCz.gif
Jones doesn't counter. Thiago did his usual wild swings attack at MW and got flatlined by the old, not in UFC anymore David Branch.
FlamboyantInbornGroundhog-size_restricted.gif

I know Thiago was not attacking, he was trying to counter, but what I say still stands. He is wide open to counter his counters, or his attacks because he is too sloppy.

Just MW is much more stacked division and you cannot do random shit there free of charge.
If Izzy was little bigger and went to 205 I am sure he's going to fuck Jones up real bad. He is kinda small even for MW right now, so him vs Jones is not too smart considering the size disparity. He should put on some muscle. But this is for another time...

Last edited:
Only one man has beaten Jon Jones decisively.

456465456.png

(by decisively, I meant, it was by decision, of the ref)

They are just covering for the robbery. Wouldn't look good if the "GOAT" lost to a MW journeyman with no knees.

Just exposes shitty judging+shitty scoring system even more.

Gus vs Jones 1 was a way closer fight and it wasn't a split decision.
I disagree.

I'm a huge Gus fan but I saw a clear 48-47 for Jones.

Whereas I had Santos 48-47 vs Jones.

i had jones winning that fight but who cares what giblert and cruz think? like it's some kind of ultimate argument...

wRdPdCz.gif
It is superb
Fighting is about being effective, not pretty

bc342f1524abdf83b236b70985d4728b

^The defense GOAT of boxing^

A judge gave it to Santos and we didnt judge the fight

It just shows how subconsciously biased we can be..

Jones clearly won

@Linelo you know what I mean when I say that he doesn't counter. Of course that if you dig around you'll find a counter elbow here and there or something. That doesn't change the fact that 90% of the time when he is attacked (specially with longer combos) he is not throwing counters (not only counter with punches, but TDs too) - he is just backing up and posting with one hand and the other is covering his head. This is his MO. He's been like that forever.

Im not a big jones fan. But he won that fight easily. Santos had a few moments that was it.

The fight was very competitive and to me shows the decline of Jones' wrestling, and I think he may very well lose to Reyes.

However I never thought he lost to Thiago by any means and I'm surprised this notion comes up so much.

So the UFC show is hyping a guy the UFC shills for so hard he has a license to cheat? Shocker.
Lol no. The fight wasnt close. Most people on this site have no idea what they are watching.

I'm actually glad it was close. Love the frustrated straw grasping from the haters who watched the fight a grand total of one time.

Back