But Boxers Make More Than UFC Fighters!

Davemeddlehed

There's no mercy in this dojo!
@red
Reaction score

Can we put this bullshit argument to bed yet?

Depends on which level you are in which sport. I know some low tier boxers who would love UFC pay.
Saw Brand was 30k and not 300k. Was going to say Ward should be up there in pay.

I don't know know who Brand is and he made 30 K , People that i have no idea who there are in MMA make 1-5 K .
As for Ward 850 K that's pretty much the upper echelon of MMA & i mean the top 3 guys.
So what is your point again ?

So a nobody is making a higher flat fee than a former champ in Dillashaw? Doesn't seem like people are reaching when they say that.

Why would someone like Ward be fighting a nobody?

top fighters whether boxing or mma
make top money

otherwise the pay is tough for either

Andre Ward has zero momentum due to the fact that he fights NOBODY...and he was out for a LONG TIME.

The chump he's fighting is a 85 to 1 underdog or some shit...so he can take his 30K and like it.

I don't know know who Brand is and he made 30 K , People that i have no idea who there are in MMA make 1-5 K .
As for Ward 850 K that's pretty much the upper echelon of MMA & i mean the top 3 guys.
So what is your point again ?

Nobody in the UFC is making 1-5k. Base contracts are 12k + 12k to win.

Wait till he fights Kovalev later this year and see the numbers they make, you goof.

Why would someone like Ward be fighting a nobody?

It's boxing. No company is making the matches for the fighter. Many boxers can fight cans all they want as long as they think it works for them.

MMA fighters should go to boxing then. ;) Oh wait, the ones that are good enough probably chose boxing already.

To be fair, Ward isn't a draw in Boxing and he's really just picking up momentum again, I'd say he's gotten paid much better over the course of his career.

But you do have a bit of a point. Not every Boxer, everytime makes more than a UFC fighter.

Ufc pay fighters what they are worth. Plus, Ufc cards have twice as many fighters to pay which always get lost in the discussion.

What bullshit argument?

Do top level boxers make more than top level mma fighters? Yes.

Do middle of the pack boxers generally make more than middle of the pack mma fighters? Yes.

Do lower tier boxers generally make more than lower tier mma fighters? No.

Back