Busting the Fedor Myth

What a pathetic thread lol. What's even more pathetic is the amount of time you spent on it.

I've debunked Fedor's record so bad his fanboys can't even bring up a single argument, but choose to post anyways,
keyboard warriors will be keyboard warriors. one of the big reasons you are watching mma today is because of fedor bringing it to newbies like you. over 10 years undefeated and demolishing 6 ex ufc champs. nuff said. ask someone that has competed on a world level backed up by youtube videos will simplify things for you. you go on enjoy your ufc math cuz it sure makes sense.freegifmaker.me_2dV5y (1).gif

Myth- you have a clue of what you are talking about.

Reality- shut the fuck up.

Also reality- Jones is a limp dick cheater.
Who knows how mediocre he would be without a PED enema every morning.

Lmao thread over

Jones has a non functioning dick

tenor.gif
This level of stupidity should be ban worthy as it should not be allowed to spread thru Sherdog. The dumbass doesn’t even know the rules in Rings.

he went wrong by adding details like 'soft russian skin'. if he tried to sound neutral and rational throughout it would of rustled a few people but this is entry level trolling. beginner stuff. 2/10.

I swear, back in the day trolling meant something. People actually tried and were clever with it.

This dude is so blatant I actually wonder if he has legitimate mental health issues. I'm sure hes sitting as his computer laughing to himself think "Haha OMG there sOooO mad! Pwn!"

When really were just bored and ashamed trolling attempts have found a new rock bottom

Myth- you have a clue of what you are talking about.

Reality- shut the fuck up.

Also reality- Jones is a limp dick cheater.
Who knows how mediocre he would be without a PED enema every morning.
It makes me glad that the PED suppository theory is sticking around

This guy, Pussy in real life. Leave Fedor alone, just enjoy the fights.

Myth: A widely held but false belief or idea

Trigger Warning: This thread may upset the uneducated fans of the sport, this is not my intention.

Let us begin.

Myth 1) Fedor has one of the greatest undefeated streaks in MMA history.
There’s one problem with this Myth. Fedors undefeated streak ended 5 fights into his career.
fedor-emelianenko-2_crop_340x234.jpg

RINGS King of Kings 2002:
It turned out that the key to defeating Fedor was targeting his soft Russian skin which is highly susceptible to cuts . Tsuyoshi Koshsaka, a Pro Japanese Wrestler, discovered this merely seconds into the fight nearly severing a part of Fedors face with a quick elbow. Fedor unlike Jones was not disqualified for hurting his opponent, rather his opponent damaged him too badly to continue.

images

This is why Jon is undefeated and Fedor never was.

Myth 2) Fedor was out of his prime when he began losing

<DC-Champ><DC-Champ><DC-Champ><DC-Champ>

This is one of my favorites. The word "Prime" is like a magic wand fanboys wave at the blemishes on their favorite fighters record. Let us compare.

Fedor record from 34 years of age onwards: 7-4 including wins over Maldonodo ( he lost), Chael Sonnen, and Jeff Monson. Losses include: Werdum, Bigfoot, Dan Henderson, and Mitrione.

Daniel Cormier record from 34 years of age onwards: 9-1 including wins over Stipe Miocic, Anthony Johnson 2X, Gus, Dan Henderson. Losses : Jon Jones (GOAT)
<36>
Also of note is that Cormier was brutally knocked out and went through a war with Gus before going onto distinguish himself with a career crowning KO victory over Miocic. This debunks the predictable "wear and tear" excuse as well.

Myth 3) Fedor would have experienced great success in the UFC and could beat most modern UFC champions.

Fedor actually had a surprisingly low fight IQ.
1433733809_werdum-fedor.jpg

Brawling and Sambo can only last so long, eventually you have to gameplan your fights and not make stupid decisions like jumping into a world class BJJ guard after landing a strong but not dazing knockdown. Fedor failed to show new wrinkles in his game during his career, it caught up to him again when he left the Japanese circuit. This pitfall wasn't unique to Fedor but rather endemic at the time. MMA has evolved by leaps and bounds since the era of PRIDE and Old UFC, leading to my next point...

Allow me to introduce you to the true GOAT of MMA
09_jones_bader_007.jpg

1) Youngest Champion in UFC history
2) Undefeated
3) Longest win streak in UFC history at 18 (He beat Hammil)
4) 11-0 in title fights
5) Destroyed the current HW champion x2

GOAT list:
1) Jon Jones
2) GSP
3) Daniel Cormier
4) Anderson Silva
5) DJ

Look Fedor is a great guy and I have no animus towards him, I just had to set the record straight.

<JonesLaugh>
Haha, you lost all credibility in your first "busted myth" for clearly not knowing the rules of Rings.

Calling Fedor a low fight IQ brawler is strike two as he was anything but prior to finally having his Sambo streak broken and finding religion.

I would address the rest but it's pretty useless arguing with someone who's knowledge of the subject comes from looking at records on Wiki and having no understanding of the context. Aka, uneducated fans, lol.

Trigger Warning: This thread may upset the uneducated fans of the sport, this is not my intention.

Let us begin.

There’s one problem with this Myth. Fedors undefeated streak ended 5 fights into his career.

It turned out that the key to defeating Fedor was targeting his soft Russian skin which is highly susceptible to cuts . Tsuyoshi Koshsaka, a Pro Japanese Wrestler, discovered this merely seconds into the fight nearly severing a part of Fedors face with a quick elbow. Fedor unlike Jones was not disqualified for hurting his opponent, rather his opponent damaged him too badly to continue.

images

This is one of my favorites. The word "Prime" is like a magic wand fanboys wave at the blemishes on their favorite fighters record. Let us compare.

Fedor record from 34 years of age onwards: 7-4 including wins over Maldonodo ( he lost), Chael Sonnen, and Jeff Monson. Losses include: Werdum, Bigfoot, Dan Henderson, and Mitrione.

Daniel Cormier record from 34 years of age onwards: 9-1 including wins over Stipe Miocic, Anthony Johnson 2X, Gus, Dan Henderson. Losses : Jon Jones (GOAT)
<36>
Also of note is that Cormier was brutally knocked out and went through a war with Gus before going onto distinguish himself with a career crowning KO victory over Miocic. This debunks the predictable "wear and tear" excuse as well.

Myth 3) Fedor would have experienced great success in the UFC and could beat most modern UFC champions.

Brawling and Sambo can only last so long, eventually you have to gameplan your fights and not make stupid decisions like jumping into a world class BJJ guard after landing a strong but not dazing knockdown. Fedor failed to show new wrinkles in his game during his career, it caught up to him again when he left the Japanese circuit. This pitfall wasn't unique to Fedor but rather endemic at the time. MMA has evolved by leaps and bounds since the era of PRIDE and Old UFC, leading to my next point...

09_jones_bader_007.jpg

2) Undefeated
4) 11-0 in title fights

GOAT list:
1) Jon Jones
2) GSP
3) Daniel Cormier
4) Anderson Silva
5) DJ

Look Fedor is a great guy and I have no animus towards him, I just had to set the record straight.

<JonesLaugh>
Fedor was the #1 HW from March 16th 2003 until June 26th 2010.
That is 7 years, 3 months, and 10 days of being the #1 undisputed HW of the world without a loss during that reign.

Anderson was the #1 MW from October 14th 2006 until July 6th 2013.
That is 6 years, 8 months, and 22 days of being the #1 undisputed MW of the world without a loss during that reign.

Aldo was the #1 FW from November 18th 2009 until December 12th 2015.
That is 6 years, 0 months, and 24 days of being the #1 undisputed FW of the world without a loss during that reign.

GSP was the #1 WW from April 19th 2008 until December 13th 2013.
That is 5 years, 7 months, and 24 days of being the #1 undisputed WW of the world without a loss during that reign.

Jones was the #1 LHW from March 19th 2011 until April 28th 2015
That is 4 years, 1 months, and 9 days of being the #1 undisputed LHW of the world before he was stripped of his title.

Happy to help TS.

Last edited:
That is 7 years, 3 months, and 10 days of being the #1 undisputed HW of the world without a loss during that reign.

That is 6 years, 8 months, and 22 days of being the #1 undisputed MW of the world without a loss during that reign.

That is 6 years, 0 months, and 24 days of being the #1 undisputed FW of the world without a loss during that reign.

That is 5 years, 7 months, and 24 days of being the #1 undisputed WW of the world without a loss during that reign.

That is 4 years, 1 months, and 9 days of being the #1 undisputed LWW of the world before he was stripped of his title.

Happy to help TS.

/Thread.

- Management

That is 4 years, 1 months, and 9 days of being the #1 undisputed LHW of the world before he was stripped of his title.

Happy to help TS.

Your reading comprehension abilities are like a Sea level Cain stranded on the Alps.

Feel free to revisit Myth 1)
Yikes.

Ur full of shit but I hate when haters think ur full of shit just cuz of a join date

Haha, you lost all credibility in your first "busted myth" for clearly not knowing the rules of Rings.

Calling Fedor a low fight IQ brawler is strike two as he was anything but prior to finally having his Sambo streak broken and finding religion.

I would address the rest but it's pretty useless arguing with someone who's knowledge of the subject comes from looking at records on Wiki and having no understanding of the context. Aka, uneducated fans, lol.
I deal in Reality, which is why I included an example that actually happened. Fedor exhibited a surprising low fight IQ in the Werdum fight. Jon is the opposite, he’s clutch and gameplans the fuck out of his opponents, analyzing as much film as he trains. He’s a truly unparalleled savant of MMA.

I apologize for any further hurt to your feelings.<CageCoffee>

1) People proclaim Fedors win streak was GOAT status not that he was undefeated. He won 27 fights in a row at the top of the HW game during his reign.

2)Comparing DC and Fedor is Apples and Oranges. At 34 years old Fedor already had 32 fights. To this day DC only has 24.
Fight mileage matters.

3)Fedor experiencing success in the UFC was almost a guarantee. Almost all the top HWs were in Pride. This is proven by their collective sucesses when the UFC bought Pride. Also Fedor did beat a few ex champs though i realize the past thier prime claim could be made also. Modern HWs? Well im not impressed but thats purely subjective.

4) Jones is PEDGoat not GOAT.

Let us begin.

images

<36>

09_jones_bader_007.jpg

2) Undefeated
4) 11-0 in title fights

GOAT list:
1) Jon Jones
2) GSP
3) Daniel Cormier
4) Anderson Silva
5) DJ

<JonesLaugh>

Back