Bushfire donations used to line pockets?

chardog

That's President Donald Trump
@Steel
Reaction score

the claim is that charities are withholding money, and insinuating personal enrichment. Seems like this happens after major disasters, and the bushfires are among the biggest I've read about. Withholding money now feels counter intuitive. Thoughts?

I'm from Paradise. I don't know where any money went after it burnt down. I don't know anyone who got a penny out of the donations.

When are people going to come around and realize that the Red Cross is a horrible "charity" and no one should be giving them a penny.

It's so sad that most charities are just excuses for people to be professional socialites.

This is why spouses/kids of rich people do charities instead of getting a real job.
But all that "awareness raised"..lol

So many of the larger charities are a scam like Red Cross and World Vision.

This is why I only do small scale charity or donate directly to the person(s) affected.

GoFundMe for example was designed as a way for people to donate to a worthy cause such as an emergency or after a tragedy with low overhead.

Instead you see these fucking losers begging for donations to pay for their wedding.

Last edited:
That host reminds me of an Australian version of a fox news host.

A couple of things off my head:

I would imagine many bushfire charities who received money were quite small until this point, and aren't set up to handle large sums of international money effectively. Small charities lack the administrative structure, the personnel, the logistics, possibly even the experience, to handle sudden, large sums of money and effectively figure out what's needed and where on a national level, spend it on required resources, effectively handle the logistics and distribution to funnel those resources, organize with local authorities for pick-up and distribution. It's a huge job requiring experience and a lot of personnel with expertise. It's just dumb for the guy that was interviewed to say "Well charities get off your ass!"

That’s pretty fucked if true

If I want to donate or be charitable I give the money directly to the person or I get my own hands dirty doing something like a clean up

the claim is that charities are withholding money, and insinuating personal enrichment. Seems like this happens after major disasters, and the bushfires are among the biggest I've read about. Withholding money now feels counter intuitive. Thoughts?

Yeah, I stopped donating to big charity causes when this happened.

Reynolds cancer charities

The Reynolds cancer charities refer to the four "sham charities": the Cancer Fund of America, Inc. (CFA), Cancer Support Services Inc. (CSS), Children’s Cancer Fund of America Inc. (CCFOA), and The Breast Cancer Society Inc. (BCS) that began operations in 1984 and were shut down in 2016.[1] They were run by James T. Reynolds, James Reynold II, Kyle Effler, Rose Perkins, Kristina Reynolds and other Reynolds family members and friends. The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) described the Reynolds cancer charities as "one of the largest charity fraud cases ever". They were listed as among America's worst charities, based on high management costs, high salaries to directors, and low (1%–2.5%) proportion of income disbursed to beneficiaries. The investigation of the Reynolds' sham charities, initiated by the FTC and all fifty states plus the District of Columbia, resulted in "one of the largest actions brought to date [2015] by enforcers against charity fraud." The May 2015 historic civil suit, alleged that CFA, CSS, CCFOA, and BCS had collected more than $187 million in donations from consumers and that an "overwhelming majority" of the money went to "the perpetrators, their families and friends", and for-profit fundraisers contracted by the charities. Reynolds' and associates contracted about ten of these for-profit solicitors who "earned more than 80 cents of every dollar donated" [to CFA] for a total of $80.4 million."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reynolds_cancer_charities

Yeah, I stopped donating to big charity causes when this happened.

Reynolds cancer charities

The Reynolds cancer charities refer to the four "sham charities": the Cancer Fund of America, Inc. (CFA), Cancer Support Services Inc. (CSS), Children’s Cancer Fund of America Inc. (CCFOA), and The Breast Cancer Society Inc. (BCS) that began operations in 1984 and were shut down in 2016.[1] They were run by James T. Reynolds, James Reynold II, Kyle Effler, Rose Perkins, Kristina Reynolds and other Reynolds family members and friends. The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) described the Reynolds cancer charities as "one of the largest charity fraud cases ever". They were listed as among America's worst charities, based on high management costs, high salaries to directors, and low (1%–2.5%) proportion of income disbursed to beneficiaries. The investigation of the Reynolds' sham charities, initiated by the FTC and all fifty states plus the District of Columbia, resulted in "one of the largest actions brought to date [2015] by enforcers against charity fraud." The May 2015 historic civil suit, alleged that CFA, CSS, CCFOA, and BCS had collected more than $187 million in donations from consumers and that an "overwhelming majority" of the money went to "the perpetrators, their families and friends", and for-profit fundraisers contracted by the charities. Reynolds' and associates contracted about ten of these for-profit solicitors who "earned more than 80 cents of every dollar donated" [to CFA] for a total of $80.4 million."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reynolds_cancer_charities
See people like this should be in prison for the rest of their lives or just get a bullet to the head.

See people like this should be in prison for the rest of their lives or just get a bullet to the head.

Ohh, I think you could have legitimately charged them with treason for this, and hung them.

Somehow the media barely covered this story, that these cancer charities that were running commercials during NFL games, and we're pimped by almost every mainstream outlet, were a giant fraud for many, many years.

In fact, I bet 95% of people don't know that these charities that's were some of the biggest in existence were shut down for fraud.

If they weren't complicit in that fraud, I could almost excuse it, as many would probably stop giving if they knew this.

Ohh, I think you could have legitimately charged them with treason for this, and hung them.

Somehow the media barely covered this story, that these cancer charities that were running commercials during NFL games, and we're pimped by almost every mainstream outlet, were a giant fraud for many, many years.

In fact, I bet 95% of people don't know that these charities that's were some of the biggest in existence were shut down for fraud.

If they weren't complicit in that fraud, I could almost excuse it, as many would probably stop giving if they knew this.
Anyone that tries to point these things out is called a conspiracy theorist and a bad-faith miserable person.

Show some cute little Koalas with some tinged fur and the whole world will empty their pockets.

The whole thing was a money grab from the jump.

I’d say the church should be the charity, but you guys have been so indoctrinated to hate the church you won’t use it.

I saw firsthand how some of the charities don’t spend anywhere near the money collected. I donate directly to the people who need it now.

Back